Moments pass, filled with silence. Nobody says a word and all you can hear is my heavy breathing. This is the most blown out of proportion situation to ever happen on planet earth.

"I'm sorry," Demi said, "for snapping. I just get really worried when Annie gets sick.. or.. dying- whatever."

"I know, and I'm sorry too," Wilmer added, "to both of you."

Demi sighed, then turned her attention back onto me, "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Never been better," I raised a thumbs up. "Can we take the ice off me now? I'm starting to go numb."

"I got it," Wilmer said, collecting the ice packs and cold cloths off my neck and face.

Mom and I made eye contact and she motioned for me to stand as she sat down. I slowly stood up, testing to see if my legs work. They do.

She pulled me down onto her lap, securely wrapping her arms around my waist. "So how much are we talking? A mile?"

"As in everything I've done today?" I questioned.

"Yeah. Did he just make you run a mile?" She asked.

Wilmer and I both froze, looked at each other, and then nodded. "Uh, yeah, a- a mile."

"That's not too bad," she shrugged, "At first I thought he worked you for hours nonstop."

Again, we froze. Acting comes naturally to Wilmer, but lying is definitely not our forte.

When she realized we were both making our awkward lying faces, she groaned. "Really?"

"Next time it's the phone. And the computer." Wilmer smiled, it attempt to lighten the mood.

"You know, running doesn't sound that bad after all." I joked.

"Yeah right," Mom patted my thigh, "Let's go."

I stood up and gave Didi and huge hug, "I'll let Madison come over tomorrow when I decide to let her out of her room."

I nodded "Sounds good."

I followed shortly behind my mom, hand in hand. She'll forever be my best friend at heart.

"Oh, yeah," Wilmer said, trailing a few feet behind, "I'm firing our lawn guy. I had to mow this morning and clean the pool. I'm hiring someone else, one of the new neighbors kid."

"Aw, Juan?" I pouted. He was lazy, but he was nice.

"It's Jose.."

"I liked him."

"Apparently not enough to learn his name." Wilmer said, earning a death glare from me.

"Okay you two," Demi interrupted as we walked outside, "Annie- my car. Wilmer- your car. Let's get home."

I followed her instructions and slid into the passenger seat of her fancy white vehicle that goes way too fast.

"I missed you today." I told her as she climbed in beside me.

"Awe, I missed you, baby girl. I also missed you the other few days I was gone." She said, throwing the car into reverse. "Which is why I'm not letting you out of my sight ever again!"