18

Annie

With hot tears scolding down my face, I slammed my bedroom door shut then collapsed on my bed. I've met so many people that I genuinely liked that ended up just wanting to be close to Demi and it sucks. It sucks so bad because you never know when someone likes you for you or just your mom.

That's probably the only reason Jacob talked to me today. Hell, that's probably the only reason Conner dated me. I mean after that Twitter incident, it sure did give him the attention he wanted, didn't it? Silly me thought I loved him.

With a new set of anger, I grabbed my laptop and furiously pushed it open and entered my passcode.

"Stupid fucking boys." I cried to myself as I clicked on my photo folder and towards the Conner era.

Conner and I in his new jeep. Delete.

Conner and I on my roof. Delete.

Conner and I after a softball tournament. Delete.

Conner and I with Wilmer and Demi. Delete.

Delete. Delete. Delete. Delete. Delete.

My finger just jabbed at the delete key every time a picture of him flashed across my screen.

Then came the pictures from the neon lights tour. That was a bittersweet time when I had my first heartbreak and Demi was too busy to mend it, so I had to go to Marissa's for a week. But it was also an awesome time because... Demi was on tour. Tour is amazing.

I clicked through the photos, reminiscing all the memories.On the world tour, after the neon lights one, we all just looked genuinely happy. I want to be that again.

Crash. Demi's scream was so piercing, it was enough to make me relive the filling that I had when I thought she died during the car accident.

"Demi!" Wilmer yelled after her.

I froze. Something happened to Demi. She's hurt, something bad happened.

My body jolted to life as I threw the computer off of me and ran as fast I could down the hallway, taking two steps at a time down the stairs.

My mind is thinking the worst and all I can think about is the car wreck we had. Her screams are what alerted me and it haunts me all the time.. Right now she could be dead for all I know.

Finally, I came into the kitchen to see Demi clutching her hand with Wilmer kneeling beside her. Feet away, a pan and chicken strips are spread across the floor.

"What happened?!"

Wilmer desperately looked up at me, "She's okay, she just burned her hand. Stay here with her while I go get the first aid kit."

I knelt down to her and just began to bawl my eyes out, while holding onto her. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean any of that. I love you so much and I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to you."

"Baby, it's okay, trust me." Demi soothed, rubbing my back with her good hand. "Why are crying? I'm okay!"

My shoulders shook as I shook my head. "I feel so guilty. When I heard you scream.."

"Shh, baby, it's okay." She softly laughed. "I know you didn't mean it."

"Im so sorry.." I cried again, sinking into her shoulder on the floor beside her.

She laughed now, I could even feel her shoulders hunch. "We're a hot mess."

I wish I could laugh because it is funny, but I can't stop crying. My built up emotions are just using this time to pour out.