36

Spotify: Dddovato - Ch 36 playlist is up!!

Annie

In one moment my heart was in my stomach then suddenly it was in my throat. I felt my insides fighting to throw up every content that it held, because of me lip locking with my fucking brother.

"It's negative beside Wilmer's name," Demi spoke, "You're not his father."

"Good," he sighed in relief, "and good thing you're not with him anymore, Annie. Not only would kissing your brother be weird but thanksgiving with Lisa would be a little more awkward."

I glared at him, holding one hand over my mouth. Demi shoved him in the shoulder, hard. "That's not even funny right now, Wilmer. Not at all."

"Sorry," he bowed his head, "I'm just trying to make light of the situation."

"Well don't." She snapped.

"Momma, I'm going to be sick." I said, holding onto my stomach.

The papers slipped from her fingers, "Okay, okay, come here."

I felt the food in my stomach rising up in my throat as I raced to the bathroom with mom right beside me. I fell to my knees and let it all out into the toilet bowl as Demi held my hair and rubbed my back.

The thought of his hands pushing me, punching me, kissing me, saying he loves me, made me heave again into the bowl. I feel so dirty and gross, I've never wanted to crawl out of my own skin so badly before.

"Wait-" Wilmer said, walking into the bathroom. Wait? For what?

"What is it, Wilmer?" Demi annoyingly asked. I felt her put my hair in a pony tail and then heard the rinse of water. She must be getting me a cold wash cloth.

"This is so messed up-"

"Yeah, we got that, Wilmer. Please, just leave." Demi held the cloth against my neck as I rested my head on the seat. It's totally unsanitary, but at the moment, I don't care. It's not like anyone uses the bathroom downstairs, anyway.

"No, not that. I meant up here it's negative for being Lisa's son, then you go down the list and it says positive, then Jacobs last name changes." Wilmer leaned against the doorframe, "Something isn't right."

With the strength I have left, I retrieved my phone from my pocket, and did what I promised myself I would never do again. I dialed Jacobs number that I know by heart.

"What are you doing?" Demi asked.

"Don't say a word," I told both of them, putting it on speaker.

"Hello? Annie?" I heard Jacobs voice making me want to vomit all over again.

"Your mom knew who I was didn't she? She told you to go out with me didn't she?" I asked, feeling tears build up in my eyes. From the beginning it was all a lie. She probably told him to push me around. She probably made him wait until I was falling for him to brake my heart.

"At first it wasn't like that. I truly didn't know anything going on. I'm so sorry, Annie, I-"

"Is she your mother?" I asked, anger flowing through my veins.

"You cannot tell anyone-"

"Is she your mother?" I asked again.

"No," he mumbled, "She adopted me because my dad was abusive and went to jail. She was his girlfriend at the time."

"Ironic," I laughed bitterly, "Hitting girls ran in the family."

"Annie, I'm so, so, sorry-"