Chapter 10

*Ace's POV**

I heard their footsteps coming closer and held my breath. I didn't want to see him, couldn't look at him. Suddenly, I heard their footsteps stop.

"Nice to see you again love," I heard him say with his accent. "You can come out from behind the tree now."

I slowly stood up and turned to face Hook, leaning against the tree. "Don't call me love," I growled.

"Men, leave us," he said, waving his hook to his crew. "I need to talk to my daughter alone."

"Whatever you have to say you can say in front of them." I leaned in close to him. " And don't ever call me your daughter."

The crew left anyway and Hook took a deep breath. "I don't know where to start."

"How about with good-bye?"

"Look, Acelina..."

"It's Ace, now," I interrupted.

"Ace... Milah was killed last night by the Dark One."

I should've felt something, no matter the horrible things she had done she was still my mother. But I didn't. Not a thing. "Why should I care? She never did."

"I just thought you should know..." He trailed off, his eyes getting glossy with tears. "I want to tell you I'm sorry for everything. Ever since that day I..."

"You what?!" I yelled, interrupting. "You felt sorry, horrible?! You didn't help me you said I ruined your life and you wished I was out of it! The second you got a chance you would've left with Milah! If you were truly sorry you would've come back, you would've said it to my face then not now. Not wait until I'm older, hoping I had forgotten about it and just missed my father!" I pressed my finger to his chest and leaned in close. "Well guess what, I never forgot and I'm not about to forgive."

"But I have been sorry, I tried to come back to say those words to you, I have, but I was stuck here in Neverland. Yesterday I found a way back and you were gone. Then Milah died... so I came back here," he explained. He lightly grabbed my arm and I winced at the touch. "I have been sorry and I just want my daughter back."

"You lost her six years ago when you left her for dead." I pulled my arm away.

"I never meant to hurt you so bad..."

"But you did!" I pulled up my sleeve. His jaw dropped at the scar. "You can say sorry and not be lying about it for once, but you can never erase the memory. You can never make me forget. And you can't force me to forgive."

He took a deep breath and he really looked like he would cry. "I'm not going to force you to do that. I just want you to know. And I want to warn you, Pan is evil, do not trust him."

"I will trust who I want. If he's the evil one here then I guess I'm on evil's side." I looked at him. I felt horrible, looking at him now. His dark hair was a mess and he still had his goatee. His left ear had a few piercings and he wore an all leather outfit. Without thinking I hugged him. I'd wanted one for who knows how long from him, even if I still hated him. "This doesn't mean I forgive you," I whispered in his ear. "I still hate you for what you did and an I'm sorry isn't going to change it."

I pulled away and began to walk what I thought was the right way back to camp. "Tell John I miss him!" he called. "And remember, Pan can't be trusted, he's the bad guy in this story, love. Wouldn't be surprised if I see you again, fighting you instead!"

I turned and glared at him. "I'll be looking forward to it," I spat and turned, continuing to walk.

**Peter's POV**