Chapter Ten

The weeks after Homecoming went by quickly and uneventful

The weeks after Homecoming went by quickly and uneventful. The bruises had faded with only a few questions asked out loud. Myles dismissed his as a rough game of drunken football while Tori hid hers behind great Mary Kay makeup. Myles kept away from Tori, mainly because she was never left alone, like ever. The guys came up with a schedule to walk her to and from classes and Nate made sure that he was there with her for practice. But, Tori strongly believed that the altercation between Cain and Myles was the real reason that Myles stayed away from her.

Winter break had started the day before, so Tori and Nate were at the mall. Tori was out doing last minute Christmas shopping and Nate just tagged along to help.

"Nate, what I am going to get Scott?" Tori whined as sipped her latte.

"I don't know, maybe your virginity?" He told her with a wink.

"I'm being serious, Nate."

"So am I, Honey Bun. He's a guy, that what they think about," he said rolling his eyes.

"You are soooo not helping," she said as she stopped to look at a dress.

"Just because I have a penis, doesn't mean I know what they all think. Remember I am gay," he said with a flick of his wrist as he headed into the store. "You have to try that dress on. You will kill it."

"What do you want Erik to give you for Christmas?"

"Sex, duh! But if no, then that cute blue sweater that's in the Gap window."

"What are your plans for winter break?" Tori asked Nate, as she rolled her eyes, steering the conversation away from sex.

"This weeks with my mother and then next week with my father and the step-idiot." He said with a look of dreed, "But I get the weekends with Erik."

"That's cool. If you need a break from your parents, just text me. Piper and Sean are going out for working holiday and will only be home on Christmas Day," Tori said with a shrug of her shoulders.

"Aww, I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it, I have the weekends with Scott and any other days or nights that he can come over." She said with a small devilish smile.

"Aren't you supposed to be the 'good little girl' with the hot as hell 'bad boy'?" Nate asked with a knowing smile and laugh. "And you allowing him to come over with no chaperone? Naughty, naughty Victoria Lynn."

"What, me? I am nothin', but sweet and innocent," Tori said, with her eyes as big as she could make them, in the worst fake southern belle accent she could muster with her hands over her chest.

"I also heard that there are snow storms this time of year in hell," He said as he handed her the dress.