"Stop it" I moan accidentally but he continues his assault causing me to hop off his lap. He makes an attempt to grab me and I dodge his arm before rushing down the stairs. I jump onto the couch, turning on the television before beginning to watch. Ten minutes later I hear footsteps and Ivan walks into the room with an empty tray.

"What took you so long" I ask as he plops down on the recliner.

"I got a call from Simone about the gala" he informs me with his eyes closed.

"And the food" I question glancing down at the empty tray.

"Was delicious mi amour" he tells me with a smile and I sit back to continue watching tv. We spend the next couple of hours lounging around until it was time for us to get ready.

---------
It was now 6:30pm and I just hopped out of the shower wrapping a towel around myself. Ivan had gone home to get dressed promising to pick me up at around 8pm. Walking into the room, I head for the closet and take out my mother's dress along with the heels. The dress was a floor length maroon gown with embellishments on the top half and flowly bottom. I paired it with a pair of black pumps and diamond jewelry to match the top. For my makeup, I did a bronze smoker eye adding a bold red lip to make it sexier. For hair, I curled all the strands and put it in a messy side bun, making sure to leave pieces to frame my face. I painted my nails black and made sure to put on my mothers ring before grabbing my clutch. I walked down the stairs and took a seat on the couch taking my phone out to shoot Ivan a text.

Are you here yet?
-A.W

I put my phone down as my nerves finally kick in at where I was heading. Moments later my phone dings alerting me of a text.

Give us 5 minutes, we're half way there
-I.S

I close my eyes and take deep breathes giving myself a small pep talk before Ivan showed up. My doorbell rings, startling me and I get up to go open it. Throwing the door open, I gasp at the sight in front of me, running my eyes up and down Ivan's body. He was wearing an expensive looking suit with his hair slicked back sexily. I clench my legs together as heat pools in the pit of my stomach. I watch as his eyes hungrily drink in my appearance and I clear my throat to get his attention.

"Mia cara I don't know if I'll be able to keep my hands off you" he confesses and I blush as he adds "you look absolutely mesmerizing"

"I might need to learn how to kick box so I can kick the ass of any women ogling at you" I reply only half joking. He throws his head back in laughter causing me to crack a smile. He sobers up and takes my hand in his, causing a trail of heat to travel up my arm.

"We should get going if we want to make it in time" he tells me and I nod before following him down to the limo. He opens the door for me and I thank him before sliding in, with him coming in right after. We pull off away from the curb and begin our journey towards the gala.

"So when we get there, we'll be bombarded with reporters wanting to get pictures of you" he notifies me and I scrunch my nose in confusion.

"Why would they want pictures of me? I'm not the one who's friend is being honored or the head of a famous industry" I voice my confusion causing him to smile.

"They want to know who's the owner of my heart and that would frankly be you" he replies making my heart melt.

"My heart is forever yours corazon" I tell him lovingly and he grins before continuing.