sc | day 5

"iwaizumiii~" hanamaki yawned, lying on one of the benches in the locker room after practice, "let me borrow your phone, i have to call my mom."

"use your own?" iwaizumi replied, pulling his shirt off as the entire locker room stared — he never seemed to notice, though. kindaichi froze, yahaba inhaled sharply, kyoutani tried to hide his blushing and oikawa basically drooled.

iwaizumi taking his shirt off was a gift from the gods.

"it's dead," he said, "and i need her to pick me up. my legs are killing me and my tire is flat."

"fine, whatever," iwaizumi said, reaching over to grab it (cue the boys drooling over his arm flexing) and unlocking it before handing it to him.

"thaaanks," he said lazily, holding it up in front of his face. iwaizumi put his shirt on. everyone sighed.

"iwa-chan, by the way, mom asked if you wanted to stay over for dinner," oikawa said as he shrugged on his jacket. "she'll make agedashi tofu if you'd like."

"sure thing," iwaizumi nodded. matsukawa whistled.

"ooh, a date?"

"n-no!" iwaizumi exclaimed, glaring at him. "besides, if you consider that a date, everything we do is a date."

"isn't it though?" hanamaki asked, "i mean, you have all of these pictures of him in your gallery..."

nobody had ever seen iwaizumi blush that much before.

"give that to me!" he shouted, running over to hanamaki. he smirked and rolled off of the bench, standing on another bench, which was against the wall, and holding it up.

"let's see, here's a selfie of oikawa, and gosh... he was right when he said you screenshotted!" hanamaki said gleefully, holding the screen up for everyone to see. he swiped down, and the picture turned in to a gallery, with at least four rows of oikawa only.

iwaizumi felt like crying. oikawa did too.

"give it to me!" he exclaimed, jumping up, attempting to grab it.

"that's, what, twenty-two pictures of him? do you like, stalk him or something?" he teased.

"makki," oikawa said silently, "i think you should give it back."

hanamaki raised his eyebrows and looked at iwaizumi, blushing from head to toe. he was breathing heavily, and he couldn't quite see but was he tearing up?

he handed it back, and iwaizumi grabbed it, slinging his bag over his shoulder. he stomped out of the locker room, leaving his jacket behind, along with a speechless team.

"now you've done it," oikawa sighed, grabbing the jacket.

"look, dude, we were just trying to help..."

"you honestly thought putting him on the spot like that would do any good?" he asked pointedly. "showing everyone? you honestly never considered that it would embarrass him?"

"well, i mean..." hanamaki trailed off.

"you could've ran it by me first."

"you would've said no anyway," matsukawa defended.

"yeah. i wonder why," he bit back.

iwaizumi went straight up to his room, closing the door and flopping down on his bed. he was going to kill hanamaki. if he ever dared to leave his room again.

they probably thought he was an absolute freak. or a pervert. or both. probably both. oikawa also probably knew how he felt now.

"hajime!" his mom called from downstairs, "oikawa's here!"

"send him away!" iwaizumi shouted back.

"iwa-chan, don't be like thaat," he heard oikawa from downstairs. iwaizumi groaned loudly, refusing to acknowledge him otherwise.

oikawa knocked on the door.

"piss off," he muttered. he didn't, of course.

iwaizumi could hear him open the door and walk over to him, and felt him flop down next to him.

"what the—"

"if you're gonna sulk, might as well sulk together," he chuckled, dumping his jacket on to his head. "you forgot this."

"thanks," he sighed, grabbing it and tossing it aside. "i was cold."

"you shouldn't have run off~" oikawa teased. iwaizumi shoved his elbow in his stomach. he whined.

"i'm sorry for embarrassing you," iwaizumi said quietly when his suffering ended. "i feel like crap. i'll delete the pictures."

"i already knew you had them," oikawa said. iwaizumi looked at him, eyes wide.

"you... what?"

"snapchat shows you when you screenshot something," he smiled. "i thought it was rather adorable, honestly."

"you knew? why didn't you say so?"

"well, i was trying to figure out what you meant by it. if... if there was any underlying meaning." he glanced at him. "is there?"

"do you want it to be?" iwaizumi asked silently. nerves rushed through his body. he was messing up. he didn't care.

"i'd quite like that," he whispered.

"then yeah. there was."

they stared at each other for what felt like ages. it was probably a minute or two. oikawa seemed content, but nervous. iwaizumi could tell. his hands were trembling slightly and he took a few deep breaths. iwaizumi was obviously scared out of his mind, eyes wide and breathing quickly.

"this is nice."

"it is?"

"yeah. it is."

"i'm glad. i never thought i'd confess like this, but i'm glad you think it's nice."

oikawa left after dinner. he was good at hiding it, but iwaizumi was obviously on edge. he decided to walk oikawa out, following him to the door.

"i should walk you home," iwaizumi said, grabbing his coat.

"you," oikawa said, "should take a shower and go to sleep. honestly, iwa-chan, as much as i love you, you stink right now." iwaizumi sniffed under his armpit.

"oh fuck, you're right, that's gross," he muttered embarrassedly. oikawa chuckled.

"hey, thanks for this evening. i'm glad we got to talk," he said, smiling brightly. "i really like you. i'm happy you feel something for me as well. and i give you permission to murder makki-chan."

"i don't need your permission," he blushed, glancing away.

"i know," he laughed, pulling his coat on. he stepped towards iwaizumi, and kissed his cheek quickly. "just shower before you do, hmm?"

"i will." oikawa stepped back.

"i'll see you tomorrow?"

"yeah, yeah, definitely," iwaizumi nodded quickly, and shakily. "stay safe."

"i will. bye, iwa-chan."

iwaizumi closed the door when he was out of sight, and ran a hand through his hair. he was trembling. oikawa had kissed him. on the cheek, but still.

he felt like the luckiest person on earth.

(except for the fact that he knew hanamaki takahiro.)