sc | day 2

an actual picture ended up in iwaizumi's story this time, a picture of a certain street he and oikawa passed on their way to school. it had that feel about it, the nostalgic one, for some reason. the feeling of slight hopelessness and complete euphoria, the kind that let you not care about anything else. it entranced him.

oikawa smiled as iwaizumi pulled out his phone after stopping in the middle of the sidewalk, watching him open the app, and point the camera towards the street filled with telephone wires, cherry blossom petals and pastel coloured houses — your typical pastel aesthetic tumblr layout.

"it is pretty? isn't it?" oikawa commented, peeking over iwaizumi's shoulder to catch a glimpse of the photo. "iwa-chan, you're good at photography."

"i am?"

"or the lighting's just good."

"oh, so that's why your selfies are so good."

"i don't know wether to take that as a compliment or an insult."

"oikawa, i've been insulting you for a decade," iwaizumi chuckled as he put it in his story, "that won't just change."

"so mean," oikawa pouted, placing his chin on his shoulder. "hey, mind doing something for me?"

"what?"

"take a picture of me down the street!" oikawa smiled up at him — rather awkwardly from his current angle.

"yeah, sure," iwaizumi shrugged. oikawa grinned and handed him his already unlocked phone, dumping his bag down and running down the street until he was far away enough to reach his desired 'artsiness'.

"just pretend you're walking," iwaizumi said as oikawa turned around, "look to the side." oikawa obeyed his orders without any objections — for once — and iwaizumi captured the moment.

"alright, looks good," he nodded, holding the phone out. oikawa jogged over, taking it back.

"posted it?"

"mhm," iwaizumi replied, turning away, grabbing his own phone. not too long after, oikawa got the screenshot notification. he grinned to himself.

"shit!" was all he heard next, and before he knew it, iwaizumi was sprinting past him. he suffered from a mini heart attack, before he heard him shout "we're gonna be late, you fucking idiot!"

"dude, you're lying."

oikawa held his phone up. "see?! he screenshotted!"

"no fucking way," matsukawa said, in awe, "he screenshotted?!"

"this is basically a marriage proposal," hanamaki said as he crossed his arms and sat back in his chair, "and you have my blessing."

"ooh, can i be his best man?" matsukawa smirked.

"yess, and i'll be the maid of honour, and we can be real cheesy and shit," hanamaki grinned. "sorry, oikawa, but we're stealing the show here."

"we are not getting married, and you are not ruining the wedding!" oikawa pouted, crossing his arms and putting them on the table between the three, resting his head on them. "hanamaki, i'm in agony here. why can't he just straight up say 'i like you, wanna be a thing?'? why is he so stupid?"

"no offense, oikawa, but you are doing the exact same," matsukawa replied.

"completely not. i'm not having this conversation again," oikawa huffed. "i just want to be gay with him in peace. why can't he be gay?"

"that is a thing, we don't even know if he's queer," matsukawa frowned, "how do we find that out?"

"at least he's not homophobic," hanamaki pointed out, "and i honestly think you have a fair shot."

"but makki, i'm scared," oikawa sighed. "this is our friendship on the line. i'd rather talk to him twenty-four seven and enjoy his company for the rest of my days than have things get awkward because i was stupid enough as to take the risk."

"and that, my dear, you must get over."

but oikawa knew he couldn't anytime soon. there were too many unknowns, and he simply couldn't risk it. he'd rather suffer in uncertainty.

"smile for snapchat iwa-chan!" oikawa grinned as he held his phone up in front of the two, taking a video from a selfie angle — with the dog filters.

iwaizumi replied by flipping the camera off, and oikawa pouted.

"iwa-chan, that was rude," he pointed out, "that would've been excellent snapchat material. you should smile more, i swear you already have premature wrinkles."

"and you're about to have premature death if you don't shut up," iwaizumi grumbled, shoving him off. "please don't, i'm tired."

"sorry, iwa-chan," oikawa chuckled, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck, feeling kind of guilty.

"you know," iwaizumi said as he slung his bag over his shoulder, "as shitty as you can be, you know when to stop. i appreciate it."

oikawa blushed slightly before iwaizumi suggested they should go. he agreed nervously.

oikawa sent another selfie — without a filter this time — captioned 'goodnight iwa-chan 💖'. he received a crappy black screen, a simple 'good night' and a screenshot in return.

he laughed softly to himself, not wanting to wake his parents up. it really was idiotic how happy it made him, but it really did. and it was funny, too.

he sighed. he really liked iwaizumi. yet he was so scared to tell him. he said he didn't mind the normal conversing, but he longed for more, more than what he'd had for the past ten years.

was it just a thirst for change? maybe. was it a thirst for romance? maybe. but whatever it was, it included a thirst for iwaizumi hajime he couldn't deny, and fuck he sounded like a basic white bitch right about now.

he decided to send a message.

'iwa-channn you should at least send me a selfie!! (๑•ૅㅁ•๑)'

he got a reply rather quickly. or, better said, immediately. at least he didn't suck at texting.

'oikawa, i can't take selfies for shit, please let me live my life in peace'

'but i want to see pictures of iwa-channnn
(T ^ T)'

'fine'

oikawa grinned to himself as he opened it. it was iwaizumi in a black shirt. just a plain picture, smiling ever-so-slightly.

he looked adorable.

he was mildly disappointed he couldn't screenshot, but it was for the greater good, and he 'must withstand the temptation', as he phrased it excellently.

'yayyy thankyou iwa-chan!!'

'np, now go sleep'