sc | day 3

"hey, iwa-chan! smile!" oikawa grinned during practice, holding his phone up. they were on break, the first and second years still going at it.

"shittykawa, put that away!" iwaizumi raged, blocking the camera with his hand. oikawa laughed as he stepped back, filming the other.

"for snapchat!" he grinned, before the video ended, and he moved the phone away from iwaizumi again, quickly uploading it to his story. "success!"

"damn it, shittykawa," iwaizumi grumbled, sitting down again. "fucking snapchat."

"you like the app, don't lie," oikawa smirked as he sat down next to him.

"i don't," iwaizumi replied, "it's a pain to remember to snapchat every few hours."

oikawa glanced at him. "you're gonna delete it after the week?"

"i dunno," iwaizumi shrugged, "maybe, maybe not. it has some advantages."

"like what?"

"it gives me a reason to be on my phone around you."

"iwa-chan!" oikawa gasped, "we all know you enjoy my company to the fullest!"

"do i really, though?" he smirked, looking up at him. oikawa pouted.

"so i wasted all my life trying to build up a friendship that would last forever, only to have you shove me off so harshly? rude, iwa-chan, rude!"

"well, that was your mistake," he chuckled. oikawa laughed softly.

"i suppose," he said, leaning against the wall. "i'm glad, though."

"hmm?"

"that we're close," oikawa smiled. "it's good in a lot of ways." he looked at him, head still against the wall. "i don't regret it."

"you don't have much to regret; we were forced to play together," iwaizumi pointed out. oikawa sighed playfully.

"i mean," he repeated, "i'm glad we're best friends. and i hope you are too."

"you think i'm not?"

"honestly, iwa-chan, you don't act like it at all."

"you know i do," iwaizumi told him. "i know you well enough to know that."

"i guess i do then," oikawa smiled faintly. "you sure do know a lot."

"oh, shut it, shittykawa."

"you're on your phone too much," oikawa's mother sighed as oikawa quickly turned it off, shoving it under his thigh.

"sorry," he grinned toothily, "i was just talking to iwa-chan."

"how's hajime-kun doing, anyway?" she asked, setting his plate down in front of him.

"he's doing fine," oikawa shrugged, picking up his chopsticks, "thanks for the food!" he took a big bite, swallowing it after. "why'd you ask?"

"thanks for the food," oikawa's mother said as well, looking at her son. "and he's been over less this year. not that you two don't see each other enough."

"iwa-chan should be happy to spend as much time as he can with me. i am the only beautiful thing in his life. he needs to appreciate me more," oikawa complained, "yet his hobbies consist of hitting me and calling me trash or shit."

"language, tooru," his mother warned.

"it's iwa-chan who says it, not me!" he defended himself. "anyway, iwa-chan needs an intervention or something. a realization moment."