0.21 Long Car Trips

Marissa's pov-

I woke up and jumped down from the bunk bed I was on. I grabbed a pair of  black jean shorts. I picked out a red crop top and a pair of high top converse. I started to straighten my hair and Pippa came in and said "Okay hair pulled back or down?" "Pulled back." She gave me a thumbs up and I said "Call me when breakfast is ready?"

"Okay." I finished straightening my hair. I did my normal makeup and brushed my teeth. I got up and walked downstairs, to see everyone eating Anthony's pancakes. I grabbed one and sat down next to Jasmine and Leslie. I started to eat and Lin said "Okay I got an idea of today. We will stay together and I got us a preschool rope so we will be together."

I sighed and Oak said "Really Lin." "Ohh yes I did you can all pick your colors." "I CALL BLUE!" Came from an really excited Johnathon. Leslie said "NOT IF I GET IT FIRST!" They started to fight and Lin said "Calm down children. But Johnathon called it first Leslie." He just sighed and Johnathon screamed "KING GEORGE FOR THE WIN!"

Lin yelled "TO THE VAN!" We headed to the van and I said "Yay." I had to sit next to Oak and Lin said "Let's start a song?" Everyone cheered except me. "HOW ABOUT IN THE HEIGHTS!"

"GREAT! OKAY ILL PLAY USNAVI, JOHNATHON YOU PLAY PIRAGUA GUY, RENEE YOU ARE ABUELA CLAUDIA, KEVIN ANTHONY, COMMUNITY IS ALL OF US, CAMILA IS JASIME, DANIELA YOU ARE PIPPA, SONNY OAK PLAY HIM, BENNY CHRISTOPHER REPLAY YOUR PART, AND VENSSA WILL BE PLAYED BY."

He kept looking all over the place and I was screaming in my mind "NOT ME!" Then lin said "MY LOVELY CHILD PLAY VENSSA!" "C'mon." "You'll be great let's start!" Jonathan started to record and Lin said "Welcome to a ham4ham not in the Richard Rogers theater but in Florida we will be covering In The Heights my first musical. So let's get started." He warmed up and started the song.

Lin:
Lights up on Washington Heights, up at the break of day
I wake up and I got this little punk I gotta chase away
Pop the grate at the crack of dawn, sing
While I wipe down the awning
Hey ya'll good morning

Jonathan:
Ice cold piragua! Parcha. China. Cherry. Strawberry. Just for today, I got mamey!

Lin:
Yo, piraguero, como estas?

Johnathon:
Como siempre, Senor Usnavi.

Lin:
I am Usnavi and you prob'ly never heard my name
Reports of my fame
Are greatly exaggerated
Exacerbated by the fact that my syntax
Is highly complicated cuz I emigrated from the single greatest little place in the Caribbean
Dominican Republic
I love it,
Jesus, I'm jealous of it
And beyond that,
Ever since my folks passed on,
I haven't gone back
Goddamn, I gotta get on that
Oh!
The milk has gone bad, hold up just a second
Why is everything in this fridge warm and tepid?
I better step it up and fight the heat
Cuz I'm not making any profit if the coffee isn't light and sweet!

Renee:
Ooo-ooo!

Lin:
Abuela, my fridge broke. I've got cafe, but no con leche.

Renee:
Try my mother's old recipe: one can of condensed milk.

Lin:
Nice.