Chapter 5

Three hours later...

I still can't find it. I've looked everywhere! Maybe if I look again...

Two hours later...

Nothing!

Nothing at all!

Okay, okay. I know this place has lots of hiding places but I've looked everywhere. Twice!

Maybe I was wrong. Maybe there's nothing here. But where could it be?

I looked back at the note.

The clue was: the school of Secrets. There is definitely no school hidden in here. I bet that there is no secret school, but it literally means a school where there are lots of secrets. I know for sure that my school has no secrets. Maybe Esor School? Wait a minute... my school name: Terces School. The Terces Society! Terces! Backwards, Terces spells Secret! It is my school! How could I've not thought of this before?

I wasted precious time; but then again, I discovered the Terces Society. Maybe it was worth it. Yep, it was definitely worth it.

But I can't think about that now, I have to go back to school. Then I can say hi to my friends. No, I can't say hi because I'm invisible. Who knew that I could miss school this much? Especially since no one can see me.

I know what people mean by 'be careful what you wish for'. Before, I would've done almost anything to get out of school, but now, all I want is to go back.

Sigh... I've learnt my lesson, okay? Now isn't this the part where you change me back?

No?

I guess that only happens in movies.

I think I should get some sleep. The sun is down and my eyelids are droopy. I find a spot next to the school and sleep there. Now, when I wake up, I don't have to walk too much. I close my eyes, and surprisingly, I fall asleep.

I stand at the school gates. Oh, how I've missed this place. I'm about to walk in when...

"Cas!" someone shouted. It was Charlie.

"Hey, Charlie," said Cas.

"How's your arm?"

"It's totally fine, Charlie. I mean, it's not like it's broken and in a sling or anything," said Cas, with more than a little sarcasm.

"Yeah, yeah. I get it. Now c'mon. We need to tell Max that you're back!"

"I'm coming, just wait."

I watched as my friends ran. Further and further away from me. I was right. They don't care about me. It's almost like I never existed. Well, it's not like they'll think about me all the time. But still. Look at how happy they are! They're better off without me. Maybe I should stop looking. Maybe the world's better like this.

I turn around. I'm not going. I'm not finding my pencil. I don't care about anything anymore. Maybe I should just die.

I walk home. I want to visit my house one last time. My stomach growls, but I won't eat. I'm going to die anyway – there's no point.

I stare at my house. Inside, I can see my mum. Her head is in her hands and she looks as if she's crying. What happened? Is she hurt?

I rush inside; the door is open, so I don't have to worry. I see someone sitting next to her. There's also someone standing across from her. Those idiots! I bet they made her cry! They did something to her! Just wait until I-

I stop. They're police officers. Are you kidding me? What's happened to this world? You can't even trust police!

I try to listen to what they're saying. I don't want to go in the room, in case they hear me. I press my ear to the door. My mum is shouting.