Chapter 57 - Plan B.

Start from the beginning

"You mean, you actually saved the items she would use for me?" Kayson asked in a soft tone, looking up at Donna.

"Yep. I never got rid of it." Donna said. "I kept all of your clothes too, thinking that you passed away. This is truly a blessing."

Kayson squinted his eyes at two men who took pictures with his mom.

"Who are these people?" Kayson asked, pointing to the men.

"Those were your uncles." Donna smiled. "They were older than your mother."

"What happened to them?"

Donna's smile flushed as she glanced down at the floor.

"They disappeared 17 years ago when I sent them to come pick you up." Donna sighed. "I haven't seen them since."

Donna knew that Isaiah had something to do with those disappearances, but she didn't want to turn the only moment she had with her grandson, ESPECIALLY since she thought that he was dead for 12 years.

For the rest of the time, Donna spent time with her first great-granddaughter. This would be the only great-grandchild she could ever have, especially since she had no more children left. After spending time asking his grandmother a bunch of questions, Kayson had one more question to ask.

"Why wasn't my dad in any of those pictures?" Kayson asked.

Right after Kayson asked that question, Isaiah walked into the living room. As he dangled his keys, Donna glanced evily up at him and clenched her fingers.

"Ask your father." Donna growled. "He'll give you an answer."

"Ask me what?" Isaiah said.

Donna looked at the pictures of Taylor, then looked up at Isaiah.

"Kayson wanted to know why you weren't in any pictures with Taylor and him." Donna scowled lowly. "Especially in the delivery room."

Isaiah shook his head at Donna, glancing back over at Kayson.

"Come on, Kays." Isaiah snarled as Kayson strapped Madison in her car seat. "Let's go-"

"No. No!" Donna scowled as she grabbed Kayson's arm. "I will NOT let you corrupt my grandson!"

"Get the hell off of my son!" Isaiah growled as he walked up and shoved her off of Kayson. "Come on, Kays!"

"Does Kayson even know that you wouldn't be taking care of him had those thugs out of Schaefer not killed my daughter!?" Donna growled. "Did he even know that you wanted my daughter to get an abortion because you couldn't take care of your fucking responsiblities!?"

"Kayson, let's go." Isaiah demanded as they started to walk away.

"No!" Donna growled as she clung onto Kayson's arm.

Isaiah clenched his jaw, turning and giving her an angry look.

"It was 18 years ago, Donna!" Isaiah barked. "Let it go!"

"My daughter went through sleepless nights, crying and bawling because she was facing the possibility of raising Kayson by herself, crying because of contractions in her sleep, crying because she had nowhere to turn for support so I had to step in and fill that father role for 2 months, crying because you stepped and ran all over her, and crying because you didn't want to see your son in the delivery room and you're telling me to let it go? Hell no!" Donna shouted. "I will NEVER forget the pain you put my daughter through as a woman! If she were still here, you'd still be the gutter Schaefer rat that you are! I will NEVER like a scum piece of shit like you!"