Chapter 17 - Targeted.

Isaiah pulled into the parking lot of a McDonalds, snatching out his small notepad and prepared to write down the location to the place that the woman was talking about.

"Where'd you see them?" Isaiah asked.

"I'm.........i'm not sure if this is them or not..." The woman sighed in a nervous tone. "This is an opinion."

"There's nothing to be afraid of, ma'am." Isaiah plead in a soft tone, trying to comfort her. "Just let me know where you think these kids are, please. I'll just come and check it out."

As the woman glanced out of her window, she could see Abel staring at her through his. Her eyes widened at him as she slowly placed the phone down, hanging it up. When he left his window, she ran to all of her doors and locked each of them, locking her windows as well.

"Hello?"

"Hello?"

Frustrated, Isaiah slammed his phone down on the seat and covered his face, taking a deep breath. All he wanted was for the woman to tell him she was so that he could be a tad bit closer to finding his children. Not having any answers and coming to a dead end at the end of the day, Isaiah had no choice but to head back to the hotel.

Back at the hotel, me, Carlos, Noah, and Stacey decided to walk up the block to a local restaurant that sold grilled chicken sandwhiches since we were hungry since Isaiah had the car. When Carlos asked Q if he wanted to go, he turned us down. We didn't ask Asha because she was pretty pissed about what happened between Q and Noah. As we left, Asha glanced out at Q as he smoked a blunt, gazing out at the balcony and scenary that was different from Cali.

"Hey." Asha mumbled in a bland tone.

Q turned to Asha, blwoing his smoke out and giving her a bland look in return.

"Hey."

"Can I come out?"

"Sure, Ash." Q mumbled, shaking his head and glancing back out at the city. "Come sit down."

Asha eased down into her seat, glancing at Q as he refused to give her any eye contact.

"You hate me, don't you?" Asha asked in a bummed tone.

"Hell nah, Ash. You know damn well I don't hate you." Q groaned at her. "I could never hate you."

"You still mad at me?"

Q took another puff of his blunt, blowing it out in front of him and slowly nodding his head.

"Yeah." Q nodded. "I am."

"I came out here to say sorry, but i'm pretty sure it's not going to do anything."

Q glanced at her again, taking his blunt from in between his lips and clutching it in between his fingers.

"I'm more upset that you thought that you couldn't share that news wit' me." Q growled. "How many times I gotta tell you you can tell me anything? How you think we as close as we are now?"

"I just thought that you would flip at the time I told you that I was pregnant." Asha mumbled, glancing down at her twiddling fingers. "Especially since we were teenagers..."

"Ash, that's still somethin' that should've been discussed between the both of us." Q said in a serious tone. "Even if we wasn't ready, you still should've asked me if I wanted you to go through wit' it."

Asha kept her eyes on her fingers, not saying anything.

"Sorry....."

But no matter how wrong Asha was, the soft spot that Q had for her always overcame his anger. He blew his smoke out, grinning at her.