Chapter 48 - "Grown ass Man."

Once Madilyn walked through the door, Kayson raced up to her, picked her up, and spun her around. Madilyn already knew what he was doing it for. She smiled and kept her arms around him, giggling as he kissed her on the cheek.

"Yes!" Kayson smiled as he sat her down. "Finally!"

"And at the right age, too." Madilyn smiled. "Once I turned 15, I got worried that I would head into my 20's. Haha."

"Wats so happy 'bout, Madelen?" Madilyn's younger sibling asked as she licked her ice cream.

"Michelle and Chandler, there's going to be a baby living here soon."

The two little girls smiled at each other, hopping around and squealing.

"Do we get ta feed et?" Michelle asked.

"Yep!"

"And play wit et?" Chandler asked.

"Yes ma'am."

The girls smiled and hugged each other, jumping and squealing for joy. They were so excited to know that there was going to be a new addition to the family. The kids loved babies, so this addition was going to be a splendid one to the little girls. Excited and ready to prepare, Kayson and Madilyn put together their money to buy a crib, but just that since they didn't know what gender the baby was yet.

Kayson and Madilyn took a cab and drove to the closest baby store, which was a "hole in the wall" spot that was near both of their jobs. The two went around with the kids, looking around the store. They both spent an hour searching for the perfect crib. [They searched for ones that were already built.] One was too small, one was too big, one was overly decorated, and one was too fragile. But one, caught the both of their eyes. It was sturdy, wooden brown, and even came with a melody player for the baby. Without hesitation, the two purchased it. They also purchased two extra large boxes of diapers, three baby lotions along with some powder, a plain baby dresser, and wipes.

When they got home, they fed Michelle and Chandler some lunch while they decorated the room. They placed out a small colorful rug inside of the room, carried the crib on the side, and placed the dresser close to the door. They looked around, smiling at their small lack of progress.

Even though it wasn't much, to them, it was worth it.

Around 8pm, Kayson made dinner for the girls while Madilyn gave them a bath. Tonight, he was warming up some of the salmon casserole that he made over at Abel's. After the girls ate, Kayson got them ready for bed. Each night, he would read them a bedtime story until they fell asleep. It usually took around 30 minutes or so, but Kayson didn't mind.

"....and all the little angels that passed away in the small white ship, perished and went to expand in the horizons of heaven." Kayson read silently as he sat at the end of their bed. "Never to experience the definition of pain, again."

When Kayson looked up at the girls, they were knocked out, snoring a little lowly. Kayson got up, walked out of the room, and slowly shut the door. As Kayson stepped into the living room, he saw Madilyn looking inside of Kayson's photography book.

"You found my picture book, ay?" Kayson chuckled.

"I've never seen this book before." Madilyn said in a low and cheerful tone.

Since the girls were sleeping in their bed, Kayson pulled out the futon a little bit more, watching Madilyn readjust. She examined the book, looking at the beautiful photos that Kayson took. As he laid frontwards next to her, he watched her glance at the photos that meant the most to him.