Chapter 43

*Ty POV*

I pulled up in front of my moms house. She peeked her head out of the window and opened the front door with Kaiya in her arms.

"Turn that music down!" She yelled.

I laughed and turned off the radio and got out the car.

Kaiya started saying, "yah yah yah." I couldn't see her clearly but she looked like she was getting chubby.

I got all of my bags and closed the trunk. As I was getting closer to my mom Kaiya started bouncing around.

"Hey baby." My mom kissed me and walked into the house with me following.

"Hey ma. Let me see my daughter." She turned around and when I looked at Kaiya, my smile dropped.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

I picked Kaiya up and stared at her. Her hands very chubby and her head was huge. Then those eyes. It's like her eyes were popping out of her head. They were big but yet slanted. She still had her tongue out, like always, and was drooling a lot more.

"She look so different from the last time I seen her."

I'm just gone say this straight out, she look stupid as fuck. I mean I know this is what Down syndrome babies look like, but damn.

"Well what do you expect? She's getting older."

I shook my head and stared at her. She looked up at me and started smiling.

"De de de." Kaiya babbled.

I smiled. "She tryna say dada." I pinched her cheeks. "Say DA DA."

It was like Kaiya was studying my mouth so she could mock me.

"De de!"

I laughed. Close enough.

I sat on the couch and put my feet on the table. Moms came next to me and took Kaiya from me.

"So why aren't you at the house with your girlfriend?"

I rolled my eyes. "She not my girlfriend no more."

My mom sighed. "Now what happened?"

"Excuse my language but she fucked this weak ass nigga and then lied to me about the shit."

"Have you talked to her to hear her side?"

"Ma, I don't need to hear her side. This the second time. I'm done with her. If it ain't got nothing to do with our daughter then we ain't speaking. On life we not. The only girls I need is yall." I smiled and wrapped my arms around my mama.

"You such a mamas boy."

"I know. And my mama gone cook me something right?"

She sighed. "Only cause this is your first day back. What you want?"

I licked my lips just at the thought of food. "Whatever. Just hook it up!"

Kaiya stretched out her arms for me and I grabbed her. My moms got up and went into the kitchen.

"You missed me Kaiya? Cause I missed you girl."

It's time for me to stop treating Kaiya the way I do. It's not my fault she has Down syndrome it's damn near Malaysia's fault but I helped make the baby so whatever. From now on, imma treat her like I'm supposed to. Imma love her like how imma love Kaliyah and everything gone be good.

"Dada."

I put my fist over my mouth. "YOU SAID DADA!" I stood up and spun her around , making her laugh "That's my baby! You so sma-"