New English Teacher. Hot: Check. Arrogant: Double Check. A Vampire: What?? /1/

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, but Cameron and I didn't really end on good terms, remember?" I replied, as I exhaled. That's putting it gently.

We broke up about 3 weeks ago. Well, I broke up with him. The thing about me is, I like adventure, excitement in my life. And sure, Cam was great in all, but all he ever wanted to do was fool around. When we weren't, he'd bitch about how we didn't spend enough "time" together.

Which is code for he was pissed off because I wouldn't have sex with him. A total guy thing, I know. So, I finally got fed up with all the guilt trips and fights.

He yelled at me and called me a tease and a bitch, and I called him a man whore and a prick. Let's just say the rest of our language was a little R-rated.

"I know Melinda, but you have to face him sooner or later." She said to me.

"I'll choose later." I replied with a smirk. "Now come on, let's go check out who our new English teacher is. My schedule says Turner." I stated, as we headed to our homeroom.

"Mr. Turner. His name even sounds hot." Gwen gushed, as we entered the classroom. I immediately cursed when I saw Cameron plop down in the corner, talking to his football buddies.

I groaned. "Damn it." I grumbled, as Gwen and I took seats on the opposite side of the room. I felt his gaze fall on me, and I bit my lip as I saw him emerge, walking over towards us. "No!" I complained to her.

She gave me a sympathetic look. "It's okay. I'm here if he tries anything."

"Melinda." I put my best face forward, flashing him a smile.

"Cameron. Hey." I replied slowly. "So....how have you been?"

He ran his fingers through his sandy blonde hair. "Pretty shitty actually. I've been thinking a lot about you." He told me, as he leaned against my desk. "Maybe we could talk later or something?"

I furrowed my brows. This isn't going to be easy. "Cam I don't think so. I uh, I have an art class right after school so I'm a little busy." He let out a dry laugh.

"Come on Mel. We both said things we didn't mean. I just don't want to fight anymore. Please babe, hear me out."

I am not your babe. "Fine. 5 minutes. That's it. And no, we're not getting back together. This is just a talk." I told him frankly.

"Whatever you say." He retorted slyly, as he headed back to his seat.

I sighed. "Why does the universe hate me?" I asked Gwen, as I shot her a glance. At this moment, however, her eyes were glued to someone at the door.

"Oh. My. DAMN!" She said, as if in some kind of trance.

I followed her gaze, and I felt my mouth fall open slightly. The whole class grew silent as Mr. Turner walked in. At least, I assume that's him.

He was at least six feet tall, wearing a plaid shirt that you just knew was hiding his freakishly hot and fit body. His sun kissed brown hair looked sexy and silky, though I can't believe I'm thinking about a teacher in this way.

Just the way he entered the room, demanded attention. And though I hate to admit it, he had mine too.

And even though he was insanely hot, I couldn't help but loathe him. Like, maybe he thinks he's hot stuff, or knows it. I HATE guys like that. Cocky.

"Well hello there class, my name's Mr. Turner." His voice was smooth, almost hypnotic. "If you'll all take your seat, we can begin."

No one spoke, not even a whisper. There was no way he was older than 25. Not a chance. "Obviously Ms. Fields is no longer here, so I'm taking over." He said with a slight smirk.