Day 358

(Neah's email)

THU, July 27
|Inbox |

Jianna Arcenas to me
Jul 27

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Dearest Neah,

I got your letter. It did give me goosebumps. I know you're cute and all, pero kung may pinadalhan ka pang letters asking favors... years after your death, I hope that they don't have a faint heart.

You're not scary, Neah. I know you enough to realize how much you were crying when you wrote that letter for me. Kahit na ang cheerful ng language mo, maraming parts ng letter na malabo dahil sa patak ng luha mo. You must have been so scared when you felt your heart giving up. I'm sorry I wasn't there with you. Na kay Mommy ako that time.

You were brave to prepare all that for Harry. I thought before na wala kang ginawang measure to help him move forward. I'm sorry for losing my faith in you. Kaloka ka naman kasi. After two going three years ka bago nagsalita uli. Harry has a lot he wanted to ask you... na sana, nasagot na nung last video mo.

Even before I received your letter, I met Harry. I stalked him. I meddled with his life. I annoyed him.

Naging assistant researcher ako sa FHR Lab. He started a research for the advancement of stem cell therapy for congenital heart diseases such as yours. Pero nag-resign na ko as his assistant. Nasa Minnesota ako ngayon. I heard, iba yung naghe-head ng research right now because Harry's doing something else.

So, I can't stalk him because I don't know where he is. Nagtanong ako sa trolls kagabi kung nasan siya pero tinawanan lang ako nung magkakaibigan. I'll try to find him bago siya mag-birthday para sa bilin mo. But I can't show my face.

I want you to know that even years after your death, you are loved and remembered. You were lucky to be found and be loved by him before you left. At kahit na years na bago lumitaw yung mga bilin mo for him to move forward... you got the timing right. I know, with your preparations and your requests how much you thought of him. I see how much you loved him. Kahit alam kong nasasaktan kang ibilin siya sa iba... kahit sakin ka pa nagbilin.

I'm proud of you for being brave in giving a chance to love and be loved by him. You did the right thing, Neah. You left this world surpassing all that you have feared. Sigurado akong hindi ka niya makakalimutan. Gaya nang hindi kita makakalimutan.

Gosh, I miss you. I wish we had more time, too. Ang dami kong hindi naikwento sayo bago ka nawala.

But don't worry. When we meet again someday, pag pareho na tayong ghost, I'll tell you everything about this life after you left.

I'm sorry rin na hindi ako agad nagsabi sayo. You were so concerned about my lovelife before. I'm in love, Neah. He's smart. He's loyal. He's very adorable. I tried forgetting him and setting aside my feelings for him but he's into my system. I couldn't get him out.

He'll never be out.

Hindi mo ko pwedeng multuhin because what you said happened. Without the slightest idea for a romantic prospect, I checked on Harry and I fell in love with him.

It's okay to love him, right? I will love him not as someone who wanted to replace you. That's way too absurd. I will love him as someone who has the capacity to love him thoroughly and completely. I will love him the way he deserves to be loved—with all of me.

Thank you for leading me to him. I don't know how we could have met and gotten close if he didn't transfer to the field of research after leaving medicine. I'd like to think that you and the Boss up there, led us to each other.

So, rest assured that I will always watch over him and take care of him.

Oh, and before I forgot... Auntie Faith and Uncle Martin are touring Europe. I will make sure that they live comfortably and happily.

So rest easy now, okay? I'll tell you about all the good things when we meet again.

- Nana

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

<–Reply  | <<–Reply all  | —>Forward