Chapter 19. Long Nights And Movie Fights.

Zander's P.O.V.

She is so beautiful, the way her long red hair bounced while she ran. The way her cheeks flushed when embarrassed.

Stay away, you'll only hurt her.

Shut up, brain.

"Hey Cupcake, have a nice run?" I chuckle and move closer, hesitantly placing my hand on her back. When she doesn't object, I slowly rub circles across it, trying to help her catch her breath.

"No. No I did not." She stands up straight and fake glares at me, her lips forming into an adorable pout that could make any man weak to his knees. I know it does me . . .

"Awe, you're too cute." I tease her, laughing loudly. I gently grab her arm and pull her closer to me. Wrapping my arms around her, I pull her into a hug, her head resting on my chest. My heart beats faster when I feel her arms wrap around me as well, a soft sigh escaping her lips.

"Where have you been?" I feel her head leave my chest, then her beautiful doe-like eyes are staring up at me filled with so much curiosity.

My heart clenches when she asks, images of my week flashing through my head. Don't think about it. "It doesn't matter, but I'm back now. Why, did you miss me, Cupcake?" I smile and stare down at her, amusement and what feels like pure happiness rushing through me.

"Pfft, no!" She rolls her eyes, but smiles anyways. Her cheeks tint with red ever so slightly, telling me that she did in fact miss me.  "Okay, maybe a little." She smiles and my heart basically does flips in my chest.

I lean my head back and laugh loudly, "Ah, you're too much." I look back down at her and reach up, softly pinching her lightly tinted red cheeks. Her nose scrunches up in distaste, giggles rising from her when she slaps my hands but I continue to try.

"Stop it!" She squeaks and pushes my hands away, taking off running in the opposite direction. I bite my lip and watch her run away for a second, my heart racing in my chest. The things this girl does to me. I move to catch up with her, a small squeal escaping her lips.

"Get back here!" I shout after her, quickly moving to catch her. I laugh loudly when I finally catch her, quickly scooping her up and throwing her onto my shoulder.

She laughs and starts hitting my back lightly, "Put me down, you jerk!" She wiggles around but I tighten my hold on her as to not allow her to fall off.

"Nah, I'm quite enjoying the view." I tease, chuckling loudly. I turn and start walking back my bike, her gasp causing me to laugh even more.

"You perv, put me down!" I laugh again and stop in front of my bike.

"Alright." I quickly pick her up again and sit her down on my bike. She takes a moment to get over the dizziness. I swing my leg over the seat and sit down before she has a chance to get off. I grab the only helmet I have and hand it back to her, "Here, put this on."

I hear the soft click of the helmet latch, then start off. Her small hands wrap around my waist, basically death gripping it the whole ride. I laugh to myself when I feel her bury her face between my shoulder blades, a huge smile stuck across my face. She's too adorable for her own good.

About five minutes later I pull into her driveway, shutting off the engine and gently tapping her knee for her to release the death grip she has on me. Even if I don't want her to let go . . .

I get off the bike and wait for her to get off as well. She stares towards her house confused. "Are you just going to sit there? C'mon we've got a mini party to prepare for!" I grin down at her with amusement, offering my hand to help her up. She snaps out of it and takes my hand, her fingers feeling so small and soft against mine. It takes everything in me to not wrap my fingers up with hers. She gets up and hands me the helmet, then slowly her fingers fall from my hand as she passes and walks to her door.