"I'm sorry..."

The warm sunlight breaks in through the prison walls, illuminating the cells and waking up the neighboring people in their cells

The warm sunlight breaks in through the prison walls, illuminating the cells and waking up the neighboring people in their cells. Shifting my sleeping position so I could get up easily, I notice something in my hand. Cracking my eyes open to see what it was, I see I'm holding a piece of paper and a harvested daffodil flower. Confused I sit up and look over the paper.

'I'm sorry.'

That's all it said. Nothing else, Just those two words written on one side of the piece of paper. My attention diverted to the flower. It looked recently picked. There wasn't any clues to tell me who it was from. Still confused, I gently place the daffodil and paper on my pillow and make my way out of my cell.

As I was walking, I felt that something was missing from the prison. But it was quickly brushed off as I went to help with daily chores. Stepping outside I look to the fences where the walkers were gathered. Normally, I would see (Y/N) already up and getting on about clearing them up. But today she wasn't out there.

I got slightly worried, but then realize that today was (Y/N)'s Saturday. Today was (Y/N)'s sleeping in day. Having known that, I released the tension in my shoulders and my thoughts eased as well.

Keeping that in mind, I walk off to do my chores for the day. Then maybe I can spend the rest of it with (Y/N). 'Cause, I admit, I've been taking a liking towards (Y/N) in more than a friendly way lately. I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my screwed up life in this world as long as I had (Y/N) by my side helping me through it. Even if my feelings aren't returned I still want to feel her presence around me.

Maybe this was love.

<><><><><><><><>Time skip<><><><><><><><>

It was past lunch time and real close to approximately three in the afternoon. Most people were done chores for today. But not once had I gotten even a glimpse of (Y/N)'s (Hair Color) hair in the distance. She at least came to lunch every day. Even if it was just getting a piece of fruit and going back to work, she still made an appearance.

This set my nerves on edge again. I find myself lightly jogging to Hershel. When I reach him I tap him on the shoulder and ask, "Hershel, have you seen (Y/N) anytime today?"

He turns around and looks at me curiously. Then after a minute of thinking he replies, "No. As a matter of fact, I haven't seen her at all. Not since yesterday, that is." I slowly nod my head. Quickly I say my thanks and spin on my heel. A few minutes later I run into Sasha and Bob (A/N: I ship them. A lot. Even after Bob's death.) heading out of the prison interior.

"Sasha have you seen (Y/N)?", I ask once again.

"No. Not since yesterday after fence duty with her. Sorry.", Sasha replied.

"Bob?"

"Last I saw (Y/N) was at yesterday's breakfast. Otherwise after that, no I haven't. Why?", Bob directed his own question to me.

"Apparently nobody has seen her since sometime yesterday. Today was her Saturday, but she would never stay inside for this long. So I was just curious."

"Do you want us to look for her?", Sasha offered.

"No. I think I'm just going to go and check in her cell or in the fields. Maybe double-check outside. I'll find her."

"Okay. Good luck on that.", Sasha said before taking her leave from the conversation, with Bob following her a few seconds later.

When I reach the top of the stairs, I feel myself become even more worried. Nobody seemed to be in the cell block. It was completely muted. No hushed breathing, no quiet sniffles, no faint shifting sounds; No indication that someone was in the space.

Moving swiftly to (Y/N)'s cell, I softly call out her name. No reply. I call out once again. Still no reply. Moving the curtain aside, I became stunned, my feet became glued to the ground and my heart dropping into worry and despair.

The whole room that was ornate with (Y/N)'s things and possessions was now almost empty.

Eyes wide and heart pounding, I step forward and wander the cell room. Things that were once here in a neat and organized way were no longer there. Some of the easily transportable items were gone. (Y/N) wasn't in here.

Finally these observations seemed to register in my mind. My mind flicked back to this morning when I woke up. Then everything made sense as they fell into place. (Y/N) packed up a few things and left. She left me the paper saying her apologies and the daffodil. She left... I lost her.

These realizations hit me like a thousand spiked baseball bats to the face. My heart feels like it broke into an infinite amount of pieces and all I feel is sadness and heartache. I feel my legs taking me outside of her cell and down the stairs. I feel myself going outside past the picnic tables and into (Y/N)'s favorite spot on the field.

I felt myself fall to my knees. My body was numb and my head was in a blur. I had tears watering in my eyes, clouding my vision. But I was still in shock over the fact that (Y/N) left without saying a proper goodbye or give a reason why she was leaving so it didn't allow the tears to fall.

Silently I wished and hoped that she would come back.

That (Y/N) will be back soon.