I shake my head, "No way in hell. I can wait ten minutes."

"The engine's still on," she says with a smirk, "I'll keep it on and run out of gas. Let's see if that's a good enough push for you to go on without me. It's like a thirty minute walk! Go work out those carbs!"

I scowl, "You wouldn't dare."

Claudia stands up straighter and cross her arms, "Try. Me."

I stare at her a little longer and finally give in.

"Fine. I'll go. But if I get lost, Claudia, I swear—"

"You won't," she cuts me off surely, "Put the address in your phone and follow the yellow sidewalk."

I quickly type the hotel's address and leave her there alone in the dark without saying goodbye.

♠♠♠

Cupid's Cabin is humongous. It resembles the White House through my eyes. There are valets and men in suits with earpieces with fancy cars and gates surrounding the area.

Italian seems to be the theme.

Claudia wanted to take me here? Why? I wonder.

I slowly and hesitantly make slow steps to the front door. Men watch me go without moving from their frozen positions. I keep my head down and push through the revolving doors.

I walk to the small sitting area and flop down on an empty fur couch. A woman wearing a navy blue business suit and a professional bun comes with a smile on her face.

"Welcome to Cupid's Cabin!" she greets, "Can I help you, Miss?"

I blink, "Uh... I'm waiting for someone."

"Name?"

Name? I ask myself. Should I give her my name or Claudia's?

Instead, I answer the name I heard Claudia say once.

"Aiden Giovanni."

Her body becomes tense.

Damn it, I'm such an idiot. Why the hell am I using someone else's name? A man no less? Now she'll probably call security or something.

Her eyes widen slightly and she nods vigorously. "Of course, yes. I'll call him right now," she walks away quickly.

I stand up, not knowing if I should stop her or not. I speed walk to the concierge and snap my fingers in her face while she makes a phone call.

"No need to call," I say quickly, "I'm waiting for another friend. Mr. Giovanni can wait."

"I'm very capable of making my own decisions."

I turn to the deep voice and see a man in a suit with no tie and his first four buttons undone. I see slight tattoos on his chest and a slight stubble on his perfectly defined jaw.

My eyes travel up to his eyes. They were dark gray and lifeless.

My lips become dry and I lick them, "I'm new to town, sir."

Aiden Giovanni stares at me intensely, making me stand frozen.

As if God heard my silent prayer, Claudia runs through the revolving doors and smiles widely when she sees me.

She jogs to me. "I thought I lost you," she says breathlessly, glancing at Aiden, "Oh, hey Aiden! This is Eleanor Holt, the girl I told you about."

Aiden keeps his eyes on me when he processes this newly found information. He seems pissed.

If I weren't mistaken, there seems to be curiosity in his eyes.

"I don't remember hearing about some girl," his deep voice says lowly, his eyes studying me up and down.

I cross my arms over my chest to block his view.

Aiden's lips twitch at my movements before they become a thin line.

Claudia groans softly. "Jordan should've told you. Unless you weren't listening," she narrows her eyes at him suspiciously.

After a forever, Aiden's eyes glance at Claudia in annoyance.

"Where are you two staying?" he grunts.

"Well, we planned on staying here but since you didn't know we were coming—"

"I'll have a room for the both of you," he cuts in, looking back at me. "If that's okay with you," he asks, coming out more like a statement.

Who is this guy? I wonder.

I nod silently, he seems pleased.

Aiden smirks, "Good. Because I would've done it with or without your consent."

Claudia beams and walks to the elevator. Men carry her luggage silently after her. I'm guessing she's been here before and has no problem leaving me to a stranger or in a foreign place I've never been to.

What are friends for.

"Stop staring at me," I say out loud.

"Is it making you uncomfortable?" he fakes a concern face.

My eyes narrow, "Yes it is."

He grins, "Then why should I stop?"

"Because it's rude to stare."

He nods, sticking his hands in his suit pockets. "Of course, princess. I suppose it is."

He walks away, leaving me to watch after him.

On his way out, I hear him say, "Don't get caught looking at me."