F I | V E

She's My Weakness, F**king Genius
-
I just want to point out that this and last chapter is a week after Lydia finds out she's pregnant. Wanted to clear that up in case there's any confusion. (My gif; it's from Flippen Real World Has Issues. Episode 9 - American Dream)
-

"Do you know what would be really cute?!" Josh said randomly. I gave him a weird look and stopped drawing the stencil I was working on.

"What?" I asked, amused by his childish behaviour. At the moment, he was spinning around in one of my office chairs playing with a stress ball.

"If you were to take a picture every month to see the progression of the pregnancy. I think it would be really cool to see the way your tummy expands and how the baby grows." Josh said, clearly proud of his idea.

"You know, that's the best idea you've come up with so far. Well, besides marrying me, of course." I flipped my hair and then laughed. I looked at him and he had a serious face. "Not funny?" I asked with a cocked brow.

"Nope, not funny at all." He crosses his toned arms around his chest and made a snobby face.

"So you don't think that marrying me was greatest idea?" I was joking, but I made myself seem like I was testing him. I loved teasing him like this, it was one of my favourite things to do.

"Nope-wait, that's not what I mean. I-" My eyes went wide at his confession and tried not to laugh at his stuttering.

"Excuse me? What did you just say? I'm pretty sure I heard that you thought marrying me wasn't your greatest idea. Or am I wrong?" It took every single will not to laugh right then and there.
"Babe! Of course not!" He whined "Marrying you is my biggest accomplishment." He grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him, making me sit on his lap.

"I know, I know. I just love messing with you." I placed my left hand on his cheek and pulled him towards me. My lips caught his and the kiss started off sweet, our love for each other radiating. Suddenly, Josh bit my lip making me gasp and he stuck his tongue inside my mouth, deepening the kiss. We were way into the moment until I realized where we were. 

"Josh..." I said, slightly out of breath. "I gotta finish this stencil." Josh was relentless and wouldn't give up. I didn't want to either, but I was so close to finishing it and it was a bit unprofessional of me to be doing this.  I was able to pull away and just rested my forehead against his, rubbing his jawline gently with my thumb. "I'm sorry, I promise we can start where we left off when we get home, okay?" I reassured him, giving him one last kiss.

"Okay, I'm sorry. It's just that I've been gone for so long that I barely get to see you. I just miss you, s'all." He rubbed my thighs through the holes of my jeans and gave me the smile I love so much, the one that made me fall in love with him all over again. "I love you with all my heart, now go on and get that stencil done before I decide to do something else with you." He winked and slapped my butt. His blunt remark and action made me gasp and my eyes go wide.

"Joshua! That kind of talk is what got me pregnant in the first place." I narrowed my eyes at him and slapped his arm.

"Well you obviously didn't seem to mind since, I mean, you are pregnant." Josh was acting a little too cocky for his own good and he knew exactly what he was asking for. 

"Huh! Keep talking, keep talking, let's see who sleeps on the couch tonight." I gave him an 'I dare you' look and he shut up. "Hmm, that's what I thought." I continued to work and finished the stencil; it was an unalome that would go down on the side of my client's wrist.

"Hey Ciera, you ready to get your first tattoo?!" Ciera nodded quickly and rested her arm on the rest. I pulled on a new pair of gloves and wrapped the machine in plastic. I got the brand new needles and put them in the machine, making sure that the client watched me do all of this for health and liability reasons. Since the tattoo was going to be in white, I only used that colour and began to tattoo the unalome.

-
The tattoo took only an hour to complete and I could tell thay Ciera loved it just by her expression.

"Lydia, it's beautiful! Thank you so much!" She pulled me in a hug and did so tightly.

"Hey, Ciera? Not so tight please, I'm, uh, a little bloated." She quickly released and settled for holding my hands.

"I'm sorry, but I really do love it! Thank you so much." She squealed in excitement.

"It's no problem, it is my career after all. Anyways, you can go pay with Emmy at the front office." I let her go as soon as I explained the proper procedure on how to take care of a tattoo and began cleaning up my station.

I heard a light knock coming from outside my office and turned around to see Josh standing there. "What is it, hun?" I asked.

"I just wanted to tell you how nice your butt looks at this angle." He said as he checked my ass out.

"Is that all?" I crosses my arms in front of my chest and leaned on the chair.

"Huh? Oh, uh, no. I was gonna tell you that I was gonna go get something to eat, want me to bring you something?"

"Yeah, can you go to Lucy's and bring me a -- just ask her for my usual.  And a milkshake please!! I'm really hungry." Josh nodded and stepped closer to me, kissing my lips twice.

"Sure will. I'll be back, I love you." He smiled and kissed my cheek.

"I know you do. I love you too." Even after being married for over a year, he still brought me those butterflies that seem to never go away whenever I'm around him.

"Okay, just wanted to make sure that you do know and still love me back." I rolled my eyes and called him a dork, all while pushing him out the door. He only laughed and got in the car.

I went back to my booth and cleaned up the used supplies; throwing them away in their respected bins so the wouldn't cross-contaminate.

I was getting ready for my next customer when, someone that I never thought I would see again showed up right in front of me.