T H R | E E

Two's Too Many
-

"You... you're. I'm gonna be? YOU'RE  PREGNANT!?" Josh had a wild look on his face. He was smiling like crazy and stared at the white and blue pregnancy test. He came up to me and hugged me, spinning me around. When he put me down, he kissed me hard, the kiss radiating his love and excitement.

"We're going to be parents! I'm going to be a daddy!" He hugged me once again, the smile never leaving his face. I was relieved that he was happy of the news. Not that I didn't think he would, but it's still good.

-

We spent the rest of the day gushing over this unexpected pregnancy and fantasized over the thought of becoming parents, of having a family.

"How many kids do you want?" Josh asked, rubbing my still flat tummy.

"I don't know. Maybe two or three? You?" I shrugged.

"Mmm, ten." He laughed at my wide eyes, practically bulging out of their sockets.

"Right, like that's gonna happen." I gently elbowed his ribs and he let out a pout.

"But I wanna have as many kids with you." He pouted once again and nuzzled his cheek on my head.

"You just want an excuse to get in my pants." I rolled my eyes and kissed his still pouty lips.

"Mmm, kinda already did. It's called marriage." He whispered this in my ear and then proceeded to laugh. I slapped his muscled arm as hard as I could and narrowed my eyes at him.

"You're such an asshole." I crossed my arms and moved to the side, making him feel guilty.

"Aww, I'm sorry baby. I was only joking. I love everything about you and married you because I love you and realized I couldn't live without you." He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I let myself smile and lean into him.

"I love you too." I kissed his neck and trailed up to his jaw until his lips met mine.

"I could live like this forever." We let go of each other and rested on each other's arms.

"Lucky for you, you will be. Until we are old and wrinkly and our kids have kids." I smiled at the thought of that. At the thought of growing old with Josh. To be able to sit outside in our rocking chairs and looking over at our grankids. What a life will it be.

"And I can't wait. Well, let's just hold off on the idea of grandchildren. I'm too young to be thinking about that." He chuckled and I nodded, agreeing with him.

We stayed quiet until I realized something, "Josh, how are we gonna tell our families?" I knew my mom would be pissed if my mom wasn't the first to know.

"Well, we're gonna have to tell your mom first. Plus, my family is coming some time next month." I nodded, remembering.

"That'll give us enough time to go to the doctors and know what there is about the baby." He nodded and laced his fingers with mine.

"I'm hungry... Wanna go get something?" I nodded and easily got up.

"Y'know, in a couple of months I won't be able to get up by myself." I stated and chuckled.

"And I'll be here to help you." He chuckled as well and kissed my hair.

I smiled; that smile when you see your soulmate and realize how in love you are with them.

-
We came back from the diner and quickly went inside our room.

"Today has been the best day ever."

"Why? Because we ate at our favourite diner?" I asked quizzically.

"Definitely. And because you're pregnant and it takes the whole cake." He smiled down at me and wrapped his arms around me, nuzzling his head on my neck.

"I'm glad it does. I love you, J" I kissed his forehead and nuzzled my head on his.

"I love you too, so much."