T | W | Ø

Baby Eyes
-

Sometime during the night, Josh carried me back to our bed and when I woke up, his arm was securely around my waist. I smiled, more than happy with how my life has turned out. I kept my promise of sobriety and have been for a little more than a year. Sure, there were days when I absolutely needed something to numb me, but Josh was always there to help out.

Feeling lazy, I stayed in bed and scrolled through Instagram. I liked a couple of pictures from fans who had pages dedicated to our relationship and some fanart. Suddenly, I felt my stomach grumble and the next thing I knew, I was kneeling in front of the toilet throwing up. I heard Josh rush to the toilet and didn't say anything, he just rubbed my back to comfort me and held my hair back. It was the fourth time in the last twenty-four hours that I have thrown up and it was getting old.

When I was sure nothing else was going to come out, I flushed the toilet and got up. I turned the faucet and began to brush my teeth so I could get rid of the foul taste from my mouth.

"You okay, my love?" He hugged me and was careful to not squish my stomach.

"Ye-yeah, it was probably from dinner last night that didn't agree with my stomach." I shrugged it off like it was nothing and he nodded, pulled me back to bed with him. I was drifting back to sleep, when I remembered I had to go to work. I groaned and got up to pick some clothes out.

It was late Spring here in Ohio, so the cold was melting and the heat was rising. I decided on wearing some shorts over some patterned black tights and a thin grey hoodie shirt.

"Where are you going?" Josh asked, sitting up on the bed.

"To the shop, why? Wanna come with?" He nodded and got up to pick some clothes out.

"Wanna save water and shower together?" He asked suggestively, smirking and wiggling his eyebrows.

"As much as I am all for that idea, not today. I just wanna take a quick shower." He nodded understandingly and made the bed. 

Just like I said I would, I took a quick shower and got dressed. I applied mascara and did a winged eyeliner and put my hair up in a messy bun. For the first time in the three years I began to dye my hair, it was at its natural honey brown colour. I wasn't very convinced of my hair colour, but I decided to try something new.

I got out of the bathroom and went to the kitchen to make breakfast for Josh and I. Since I wasn't feeling well, I made myself a cup of coffee and ate half a bagel and placed a plate of eggs and bacon for Josh. I heard his footsteps coming from the hallway and sat on the island. 

We made small talk and once he finished eating, he drove us to the tattoo shop. "Pull-over!" I yelled suddenly. Josh looked at me like I was crazy and looked around frantically.

"Babe, I can't. There's cars left and right." He sped up a little, seeing an open space and moved in it.

"Well, unless you want me to throw up in the car, you better find a way." I pulled the lever and pushed the seat down, trying to breathe in deeply.

Josh parked on the side of the road and I pushed the door, bending over and threw up the little contents I had in my stomach. I groaned as I got up and sat back on the seat properly.
"Are you okay? Here." Josh rubbed my thigh and handed me a water bottle. I washed my mouth and spit it out. I drank some of the water and closed my eyes, trying to regain my composure. "Are you sure you wanna go to the shop? I can call Emmy to let her know..."

"Yeah, let's just go home. I'll call her later." He nodded and made a u-turn at the closest traffic light.

We made it back home and Josh being the sweetheart that he is, carried me to our room. He took my shoes off and tucked me in the bed, kissing my forehead.