Chapter 10

Chapter 10, The tale of a sad fate

~

Mari:

"Stop working."

I looked at Sungjae in confusion when he told me that. It's been three days since I started working and my co-workers said I'm doing well.

"Why?" I asked.

"Everyday at five pm, I'll give you a free computer lesson. I need you to focus on these books all day." He said and placed a pile of books on the center table. "Study."

"Why?"

"So that I could give you a better job."

I smiled coyly. "Thank you." I said. "But I'm really fine withㅡ"

"I'm not fine with it. Just do what I tell you. Consider it the disadvantage of living in my house."

"I thought this isn't a houseㅡ"

"Then the disadvantage of living with me." He said impatiently and walked away.

I smiled alone. It wasn't a disadvantage at all. I'll get to learn something newㅡand I get to spend more time with him. Somehow, this feels just like the way it was in the past: Sungjae taking me in, teaching me things, teaching me how to live. It's bringing me hope that he'll remember me when the time comes and this awkward formality between us will be over.

»»»※«««

Sungjae is both a police and a heir of chain hotelsㅡthat's what I learned about him the past few days I spent here. I crossed out days on the calendar. I'm not really making wiser moves just like Minhyuk told me. I'm still trying to get to know the new Sungjae and I think that should be the best way.

On his day-offs, he stays in the suite and teaches me how to use a computerㅡand it was really hard to understand.

"Aish! Why do you keep clicking on the left! It's the right. Always the right one!" He said, impatiently. To be very honest, the fact that he is standing close behind me and his face is beside mine makes it even more difficult to focus on what he was saying. I try though. I do.

I bit my lip and clicked the right side of the small thing called the 'mouse'.

Typing words is the easiest! But apparently, Sungjae told me that: "You are slower than a toad."

He taught me how to use a program called 'Microsoft Word Office'. It's where you type things. He told me it's what writers use to write books.

By the time he finished explaining that part, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. He sat next to me and stared at me with his chin in his hand. "Tired?"

I nodded reluctantly.

"Alright, let's take a break." He said and got up.

I just looked at him.

"Yah, aren't you coming?" He asked.

"Oh."

I snapped out of myself and followed him.

We didn't come out of the hotel, but we went to the restaurant inside it and it was really huge and worth a million dimes. I looked around in amazement.