The case

You started to regret that you asked Newt to come to your apartment

You started to regret that you asked Newt to come to your apartment. You could feel his gaze on you all the time and it was getting a little bit distressing. Of course you were happy that you met him. It has been so long that you last time saw each other and you truly missed him. Even if you had told yourself that you didn't, you had to admit it now. 

You two were now standing in front of your house and you took your wand to your hand. "Alohomora", you casted the spell and the door opened. "Come in", you said to Newt who looked at you with a smile. "Okay I am curious. Why do you use only spells to lock your door" he asked as he stepped into your home. "I don't quite know. It's just a habit, I guess", you answered and blushed. 

You took your jacket off and put it on the rack. "So do you want that cup of tea?" you asked Newt and walked to your kitchen. "Yes please", he answered and put his case down while he took his coat off. Then he walked to the kitchen and stood there without knowing what to do or say. Awkward silence fell to the room as you waited the water to boil.

"Oh please, sit", you said when you saw that Newt was still standing on the doorway. He flashed you a smile and sat down. You made the tea and put a cup in front of him. "Here you go", you said. "Tea with milk and no sugar", you smiled and sat on the opposite side of the table. You still remembered how he liked his tea.

"So", you said as he sipped his hot drink. "Now it is my turn to be curious. What had happened to you? You look so... pale and tired." Okay yes, you were worried about him but you kind of didn't have right to feel that way. It felt wrong when you thought about what you did to him...

"Oh uh... Yes", Newt said and opened his mouth again when you two heard a loud clip. You frowned and looked at his case. One of the locks had just opened. "I should get that fixed..." Newt muttered and locked the case again. "Newt...?" you asked and raised your other eyebrow. "You better tell me the truth."

Newt smirked and looked at his teacup. "Well you know about my interest about all those fantastic beasts. Well I kind of found a way to take care of them and carry them with me..." You were confused. How did that had nothing to do with the suitcase? "It is kind of hard thing to explain", Newt told you. Suddenly he got an idea and he looked at you with a excited smile. "Do you trust me?" he asked. 

You didn't even have to think about it for a long time. "Yes", you said. He got up and put his case in the middle of the room. He opened it and offered you his hand that you gladly took. Newt climbed into the case, pulling you behind him. 

You were little scared even though you trusted Newt. It felt so odd to climb into a suitcase and you didn't know what to expect when you could look around yourself. "Where are we going?" you asked. Newt laughed quietly. "You were always so impatient", you heard him say. That made you shut your mouth. You got down the stairs to the case and Newt lead you to the door. "Ready?" he asked, his hand on the doorknob. You just nodded and he opened the door revealing all the wonders he had there.

You were so amazed that you didn't know what to say. You followed Newt as he lead you around his case. He showed you all his creatures and told their names, and you just looked at them with amazement. You made a long walk trough the case and when you finally had seen everything, Newt waited you to say something. "They all are so..." you started and you could feel how Newt tensed next to you. "Beautiful", you finished your sentence. "You really think so?" Newt asked happily. He looked at you with an adorable smile on his face. "Yes!" you nodded. "This is so amazing! I can't believe this... Thank you", you said and turned to look at him. "For what?" he asked confused. "For showing this to me. For trusting me."

Soon you both got back up to your apartment. Newt closed his suitcase and you had to sit down for a moment. "Okay so this is what you do in these days", you said and brushed your (h/c) hair with your fingers. "But that doesn't explain why you look so exhausted. What happened to you in last week?"

Newt had a serious expression on his face as he stared at the table. The silence came back between you two. You were still too curious to know that story. You wanted to know that he was okay even thought he looked like that. "Well you know Grindelwald", Newt said. He didn't dare to look at you. "I kind of have a bad blood between us. MACUSA got him because of me. And well... You have read the paper. He escaped again. I've been finding a place where I could stay for now."

You listened as Newt told you the whole story. When he was talking about Tina, the women he met in America,  you felt a bit jealous. At the end of the story he also told you that he had promised to take the book to her by himself when it finishes. 

And you didn't even know that he was writing a book... 

You were shocked when you realized that you actually were jealous about Newt. You haven't seen him for like... how many years? You were the one who messed everything up between you two. That is why you had no right to feel jealous for him. You had your chance and you blew it up.

"What are you thinking?" Newt asked and you got pushed away from your thoughts. "Me? Oh nothing", you lied and smiled to him. "But hey. If you need a place to stay you are more than welcome to stay here in my apartment."