An old friend

You loved living in London and that was the truth

You loved living in London and that was the truth. Still even though you couldn't believe you living anywhere else you had times when you hated that city. There was nothing wrong in London but... If you wanted to be unerring you could just say that there was too much people in London for your liking. It wasn't their fault or yours but still it made you even more annoyed today.

"Sorry", you muttered repeatedly when you accidentally bumped into someone. People in London was always so kind and friendly but you didn't have the nerves to smile at them today. "Muggles..." you whispered frustrated when you tried to find your way to the store. It wasn't hard for you to remember how different the life of muggles was compared to yours. You had nothing against to them that wasn't it. You just couldn't understand why they were so against the wizarding community.

You walked to the alley where you were finally left alone and you sighed in releave. You knew it was a shortcut to the store and you kept walking forward, lost in thoughts. You didn't hear the footsteps that kept coming closer to you and that is why you got bumped into someone again. This time you lost your balance and fell to the ground. "Merlin's beard", you sighed loudly as you sat on the ground. You felt a sting in your both palms and a grunt was heard from your throat. 

"I am terribly sorry", you heard a young mans voice next to you. Somehow it sounded really familiar to you... You turned your gaze to the man and saw that he had a curly hair and lots of freckles on his face. You would regonize that face anywhere. "Newt?" you asked in disbelieve. He took a better look at your face and an apprehension spread across his face. "(y/n)?" he asked surprised. "I haven't seen you in a while", he said and frowned. 

Newt helped you up from ground and you swiped the dirt from your clothes. "The same goes with you. How are you?" you asked and hugged him quickly. He didn't even get the chance to hug you back before you pulled back. You had some troubles with being close to someone these days and with Newt being there... You took a step back and crossed your arms to your chest. 

"I'm doing good", Newt said. He was confused about your behavior and you knew why. You used to be so close back at school. He was an odd Hufflepuff and you were the blood traitor Slytherin. Now when you think about it, it wasn't that weird that you two actually get along so well. But anyways... You used to be really close to each other. Maybe because it was you two against the world, forever. At least you thought so.

Now you realized that you had gone in your thoughts and you blinked. You didn't want to think about the times back then. You did something, and you thought that Newt would never forgive you. Apparently you were wrong.

Now Newt was looking at you, eyes filled with questions. What had happened to you? Why you didn't answer to his letters? You knew what he was thinking but you weren't ready to tell him the truth. You didn't wanna talk about it. At least not now.

"Where are you going?" you asked before Newt could even open his mouth. "I am heading..." he started speaking but trailed off. "Actually... I have no idea where am I going", he told you. "It has been a rough week." He didn't look into your eyes anymore but a little smile played on his lips. "Would you like to come to my place and have a cup of tea while you tell me everything that has happened to you?" you offered.