Chapter 7 - The Duke's Gala Part 2

Start from the beginning

After a delicious dinner of pumpkin tortellini with grated cheese, the two shared a decadent pastry with chocolate filling. They fed the rich dessert to each other teasingly, placing a bite near the other's lips—only to pull it out of reach as the other bit down.

Then, after finishing more wine than was proper, Dorian paid the bill and bid the host to hail a hansom. He had the driver of the two-wheeled carriage take them on a romantic ride along the park. The moon brightened the night sky, preventing the couple from taking their kisses and fondling too far—for fear of the driver seated behind them seeing. It seemed to Sibyl, the most romantic evening of her life.

To her surprise, the hansom stopped at a private guest house Dorian had apparently rented for the evening. He dismissed her objections of impropriety and led her towards the arched entranceway. It was a beautifully appointed estate with an extensive garden out front. The grounds were filled with delicate smelling flowers, whimsical trees, small fountains, and beautiful statues. Sibyl was moved by the gesture and that Dorian would go to such a great expense. Perhaps it was the wine, but all objections faded on her lips when she looked into her love's eyes. They walked slowly through the garden, admiring the colors and scents and laughing together. The world began to fade until it contained only the couple, gazing longingly into each other's eyes. Upon entering the house, Sibyl was delighted to find the rooms adorned with all manner of flowers, delicate fruits, and an expensive bottle of Champagne.

Dorian removed the bottle from the ice, displaying it in his hands for Sibyl to admire. Sibyl rubbed the cork of the bottle suggestively. Dorian placed his hands over hers, and together they popped the cork. Sibyl gave a playful scream as she felt the small explosion. It crashed into the ceiling and the two laughed together again. He poured the frothy liquid carefully into a pair of delicate crystal flutes that were waiting on the table. Removing his coat, Dorian lifted his glass. "To a perfect evening with my beautiful love."

The two clinked their glasses together, maintaining a steamy eye contact. They each drank quickly, competing on who could finish the flute first. Dorian smiled knowingly as he let Sibyl win. He put down his glass, then grabbed her roughly about the waist. Sibyl gasped, as she felt a quiver of anticipation between her legs. Dorian leaned in but then pulled his kiss away, mimicking how he had teased her with the dessert earlier in the night. He clasped her hand with his and they danced slowly together, as if to some unheard music. The two drew ever closer and more intimate until Sibyl melted fully into his arms.

Dorian began kissing her neck, and she shivered as his lips brushed her skin. Dorian spun her in a simple twirl and Sibyl took flight, continuing her spin and whirling around as fast as she could—as she used to do as a child. She felt wonderfully dizzy.

Dorian chuckled and pantomimed her spin, then elegantly dropped to one knee. His face became suddenly serious, as he declared his undying love for her in a flowery prose that she was sure was borrowed from the work of some poet or another. Her heart leaped from her chest as he continued, looking deeply into her eyes. "We were destined to be together. Would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

The proposal must have been on a whim, for Dorian had no ring to offer, but Sibyl did not care. She loved him completely and the necklace was worth a dozen rings. Sibyl went to him, with tears in her eyes, and they embraced passionately. "Yes, yes, a thousand times yes! I love you with all my heart." The two stood together and began dancing again, this time in a mock-wedding waltz.

Dorian promised that after he requested the proper permission from her relatives, they would soon be engaged and he would let her pick out whatever ring she desired.

The two were so entranced, their minds so intermingled, it seemed they were already as man and wife. They danced slowly towards the bedroom door as if drawn by some magnetic force.

Dorian's hands became ever more daring as they deftly explored Sibyl's dress and the figure beneath. His fingertips snaked their way beneath the fabric to clasp her full breast and delicately trace along her soft skin down her backside. At his touch her skin tingled and a shudder of pleasure ran down her back, causing a pleasant moistness to arouse between her legs.

She pulled off his waistcoat, hastily breaking two of the buttons. She started to remove his silk shirt and trousers, her pulse quickening at the sight of Dorian's broad chest, strong shoulders, and taught muscles.

Dorian shed her dress skillfully and began removing her corset. They were both filled with an intense need as Dorian slowly kissed her full lips, perfect ears, and slender neck. His hands moved beneath her petticoat and found the swell of her exposed breasts, with his thumb gently flicking her hardened nipple. Then he moved his mouth to circle the other nipple with his tongue. Sibyl moaned in pleasure, as her hands struggled to release the swelling in his silk drawers.

Dorian suddenly lifted her off the ground in his powerful arms, causing Sibyl to gasp in surprise. He laid her down gently on the bed and the worship of her body continued, his tongue playing teasingly across the areola of her breasts, then to her taught waist and stomach, reaching her curvaceous hips, and finally exploring between her slender thighs.

Sibyl's chest and face flushed, as Dorian's tongue began to swirl around her clitoris. Finally, unable to wait any longer, she urgently pulled Dorian on top of her. The weight of his body felt so warm and reassuring.

Dorian groaned in pleasure as he finally entered her, thrusting slowly. The two became entangled in the most passionate moment that either had ever experienced. Time seemed to slow as they reveled in each other, Dorian grasping her hips and waist, and Sibyl scratching at his back and shoulders. Sibyl arched her back, and Dorian increased his pace, penetrating deeper as their need for one another crescendoed into the perfect climax.

Their muscles convulsed and they collapsed into each other's arms. The love-making had lasted longer than either could have hoped. They lay together, satisfied and intertwined in a most delicious exhaustion—all their senses tingling, at the perfect warmth and comfort they found in each other's bodies.

Later, as they quickly dressed, Dorian was filled with a most vicious, doubting regret. He vowed silently to correct this transgression and meet his gentleman's obligation, with the quick purchase of a ring and a formal proposal through Sibyl's mother. Until then, he swore her to a secrecy she agreed to most easily—as it was an incredibly romantic and dramatic thing, more vivid and forbidden than all the times she had played out the love between Romeo and Juliet on stage.