Chapter 13

~Victor~

Yuri's jumps were terrible. Yurio (Yuri's sister Mari gave him that nickname to differentiate the two) didn't feel the music. It's been 3 days now. The competition is in a week. The theme for Yurio was Agape, while Yuri's was Eros. 

Both could not find it.

"Get it together, guys!"  I said as they were coming to a stop from a run, "Again!"

I worked them hard, both on the rink and off. When we weren't on the ice, we were doing runs, jumps, cardio, all of that. By the time dinner came they couldn't even pick up they're chopsticks.

"I hate you, Victor." Yurio said during dinner. 

"I think I do, too." Yuri agreed.

"I know you do Yurio, but Yuri, I know you love me." I said as I chewed my food. "At least that's w-"

Yuri's glared at me for a moment before his gaze softened. He then got this happy smile on his face and stood up suddenly. 

"I know what my Eros is!" He held up his pork cutlet bowl, " It's this!"

"A bowl?" Yurio asked in disbelief.

"No, no, no. The pork cutlet." Yuri said.

"I knew you were a pig." 

"Hey, watch it."

I watched all of this with amusement. Since Yuri's found his inspiration, all I have to do is wait for Yurio's.

(It's a-me, Time Skip)

Over the seven days before the competition, both Yuris have gotten to the peak of perfection, after finding their inspirations. Yurio never told us what his was, but whatever it is, it worked greatly for him. Today's the day to see who will be victorious. They both worked so hard for this.

"Alright." I said to the Yuris in the locker room, "Give it your all. You want me. Now you'll have to show me you want me." I locked eyes with Yuri. He looked so good in my old competition outfit, with his hair slicked back and no glasses. His dark hair matching the outfit.  Yurio, sensing something, walked out so he can stretch outside. He was going first. 

Yuri walked up to me and stared into my eyes, into my soul. I stared right back. We stood there staring at each other, leaning towards each other unconsciously. Our lips were just an inch away...

"Ladies and gentlemen..."

Yuri and I jumped back from each other. 

"We should go watch Yurio." Yuri said as he walked out of the locker room, glancing behind him. I followed suit.

~Yurio~

I messed up. I didn't let my inspiration, my grandpa, guide me all the way through. I let him down. I did my finishing pose, listening to the screams of the crowd. As I was skating off the rink, I glanced over at Victor and Yuri. They were both smiling and clapping for me. I turned away quickly. Their cheerfulness sickens me. 

It was the piggy's turn now. He posed at one moment and blew a kiss straight at Victor, copying him exactly to the max as Victor showed him during practice. Victor gave a low whistle. Ewww. Halfway in and I already knew who was the winner. I walked back into the locker room, planning to grab my stuff and bounce. I reached the locker room and grabbed my jacket and things.

"Leaving so soon?" A female voice said coming from the door behind me. I turned to see who it was and saw the crazy chick Runi. I liked her well enough, but I wouldn't call her my friend. Her and Victor were best friends. And she was a skater.

"How and when did you get here?" I asked with a glare.

"How doesn't matter. I got here when you got on the ice. Beautiful performance by the way. Even though you lost feeling in place of winning halfway through. Anyway..What I wanna know is why are you leaving?" She sat down on one of the benches, waiting for an explanation.

"I already know who won. The pig has gotten way better than last time, thanks to Victor. I personally think its favor-"

"You know as well as I it is not favoritism. V may seem all cheerful and chill, but we both seen how he is when it comes to skating. He's a self esteem knocking jerk." She chuckled. 

I sighed. It was true. Victor treated Yuri just like he treated me (and Runi). 

"I'm going back to Russia. Yuri gets to keep Victor as his coach. I'll fi-"

Runi suddenly was in my face, glaring at down at me (she was about 3 inches taller than me). "Victor gave you the option of staying, right?"

"Yes..."

"I swear Yuri Plisetsky if you don't take up that offer, I will strangle you with your own laces. You wanted Victor as your coach, you stay and you get him. He will equally train both of you. Sometimes you need to swallow your pride, Salts. The only reason you don't want to be coached beside Yuri is because Victor came here for him. You're not only angry because Victor forgot about your program, you're jelly." When she said this I completely froze. 

She continued, "And I completely understand. I'll be angry and jealous, too. But he offered something you shouldn't refuse. Take all the good opportunities you can and you'll be where you want to be. In the spotlight, holding a gold medal."

I remained speechless as she turned around to walk out the door. Before she went out, she glanced behind her at me. "Just think about it, okay?"

I was left staring after her. Left with only my mixed feelings and thoughts to straighten out.

Runi popped her head back in. "Oh, and nice butt." She went back out before I could saying anything.