Chapter 13

This chapter contains scenes of self harm and scenes of a sexual nature

As I haven't been updating that regularly (apologies for that) I thought I'd treat you with 2 chapter in 2 days. Enjoy!

---

It was a long night in solitary. I stayed curled in the corner tapping my fingers. The only way I knew it was morning was when the door opened and the warden came in. I had learnt from Michael that his name was Henry Pope and he was considered to be pretty lenient, more so than most of the guards so I decided some begging was in order.

"Please Sir, I'm sorry for what I did but can I please return to gen pop now" I said as sincerely as I could.

He frowned down at me. "Olivia you seriously assaulted a guard, I'm afraid I've got to keep you here at least for a few days"

My body was shaking in anger "He was hurting Lincoln" I shouted.

He shook his head. "I'm disappointed in you Olivia" He said before walking out. I watched him leave and the cell door shut behind him.

The anger consumed me, I ripped apart my shoe and pulled out the blade I'd stolen from the pencil sharpener. Without thinking I began to pull it across my skin watching the blood bubble up. I could feel the anger begin to calm. But it wasn't enough. I continued to attack my body anywhere I could. Soon the floor was sticky with my blood and my eyes were beginning to droop.

There was a knock on the door and a hatch opened. "Breakfast Hannaford" A guard shouted. I crawled towards the door and reached for the tray. "What the hell..." I heard the guard exclaim, he'd seen my bloody hand. The tray was pulled backwards and the hatch closed. I lay on the floor watching the door. After a minute of silence it a frenzy outside. The door to my cell swung open. I recognised Sara's voice as she started to shout to the guards.

I was lifted onto a stretcher and wheeled down the corridor. I tried to focus on the lights above me but my eyes were struggling to stay open. Sara's face appeared in my eyeline. "Stay with me Olivia" I heard her shout. But I had already gone.

When I woke up I was in a room I didn't recognise. My hands and legs were restrained to the bed and thick bandages covered parts of my body. My heart started beating a bit faster. What was this place. Before I could figure it out, Sara walked in.

"Sorry Olivia, you're probably confused about where you are" I nodded and she continued "You're the the medical bay in the psych ward" I froze.

"The psych ward?!" I exclaimed. "What the hell, Sara take me back, I'm not meant to be here." I said getting increasingly distressed.

She grabbed my hand with hers. "Olivia you really hurt yourself, you almost died from blood loss, and I'm worried that if I let you back into genpop you'll do it again. You only have to stay here until I feel you're safe enough, okay."

I turned away from Sara and let go of her hand. She sighed "I'll check on you weekly okay" She said. I continued ignoring her. The door closed. I was alone again.

I lost track of time after the first day. They'd taken my watch and I mostly slept anyway. They tried to make me join in group therapy with all the crazies but I put my foot down at that. Lincoln's execution day came and went. I assumed he was dead as there were no reports of escaped prisoners. That was the first night I cried in this place. Sometimes I really thought I was going crazy. The other night I was standing the door like I did most nights watching the mouse that lived in the wall opposite me when a guard walked passed. That was weird enough because guards didn't come in here but just before he went out of sight he turned back and I could have sworn he looked like Michael. I ran from the door to my bed wrapping myself in every cover I had. I didn't like to think about Michael in here.

A couple of days later I was sitting in the rec room drawing a picture of one of the other inmates. "Charles sit still" I yelled at him as he fidgeted in his chair. I smiled at him, I could see he was trying. The buzzer went off from behind me, that meant a new psych patient. I smiled, the poor sod.

I stood up and turned around to see who the newest addition was. My notepad dropped to the floor. Instead of blank, crazy eyes staring back at me, bright, blue eyes did. I ran across the room and wrapped my arms around Michael. That was the second time I cried.

Later we sat together on my bed and I just listened to him talk. He told me about Lincoln's failed execution, the burnt uniform and the reason he was in here. Then it was my turn, I told him everything including what my father did. But I didn't tell him about his parents, I wasn't ready for that yet. "No one told me anything" He whispered. "Even Sarah wouldn't tell me where you were"

I leaned forward and kissed him. "I'm here now"

He returned the kiss. It was gentle and soft until it wasn't. We needed each other. I pulled off my shirt, he began to kiss all the tiny cuts littering my stomach. He pulled off my trousers and placed his hands on my thighs. The bandages were removed a while ago but the marks would be there for a while. I pulled off his shirt admiring his tattoos up close tracing each of them delicately. Michael leaned forward "I want you Olivia" He whispered in my ear. I shuddered as he began kissing my neck his hand moving to my hips. I lay back on the the bed my hands gripping his arms. I felt him pull down his trousers and suddenly he was inside me. I gasped and leaned into him. "I love you" I whispered quietly but loud enough for him to hear. He looked at me, "I love you too" He said.

Later we lay together. He traced the tattoo on my back planting occasional kisses on my shoulders. I closed my eyes feeling Michaels warm breath on my neck. I've fallen for him I thought to myself as I drifted to sleep.

---

Hey guys. Remember to vote and comment as it really encourages me to keep writing. Lots of love!