Chapter 4

I stared in amazement at the man before me, he stared back equally as amazed.

"Olivia?" He said.

"Sorry to interrupt this jolly little reunion but would some one mind telling me how you two know each other" exclaimed T-bag.

I turned to T-bag "I used to work for him" I explained.

"She was the best worker I ever hired, always got the job done, never got caught" said John. I smiled sadly remembering the good times.

"And what exactly did this work entail?" asked T-bag, a curious glint in his eyes.

"Oh you know, the usual, dismembering bodies and disposing of them, torture including castration, dealing with the ones that can't keep their mouths shut" I replied casually.

T-bag coughed and spluttered "Excuse me?"

"You heard me" I replied. "You best get going now, John and I have a lot to catch up on"

T-bag turned to me and stroked my cheek "This ain't over girly" he said before walking out my cell his 'friends' in tow.

Before I even had a chance to turn to John I was pushed up against the wall yet again. "You better not have ratted me out Liv, or else I swear to -" I cut John off by kicking his right knee, hard. He released his grip of me and I shoved him backwards onto the bed.

"I didn't fucking rat you out Abruzzi, I'm in here for some other shit okay"

"I'm sorry Liv" John said "Nowadays I can't be too careful about who I trust"

I opened my mouth to tell John I understood and I was pretty sure someone ratted me out but I was stopped by a cough at the cell door.

We both turned to the door and there I saw a familiar face. Blue eye guy, I didn't know his name yet.

"Sorry am I interrupting something?" He asked with a slight smirk on his face.

I looked down and realised I was practically straddling John. I jumped up embarrassed. "Nope, you're fine" I snapped at him.

He smiled at me before turning to John "Abruzzi I need to talk to you"

"No problem Scofield, lets go" John replied.

I froze.

That name.

That name...

Then it all came rushing back to me watching him leave, kissing his parents goodbye, gunshot in his fathers head, knife through his mothers heart.

I'd murdered his parents.

I stepped back knocking into the sink sending everything clattering to the floor.

John turned to me looking concerned "Liv you okay?" He asked.

"Yup, I'm fine" I practically squeaked.

John looked at me suspiciously. "I'll catch up with you later okay"

I nodded, not trusting myself to speak.

With one last concerned glance he left my cell with Scofield in tow.

I sat down on my bed trying to catch my breath, I couldn't believe this.

I barely noticed the cell door shut or the lights turn off. I just stayed sitting on the bed.

Eventually after what felt like hours I climbed up onto the top bunk and lay down. My first day here had been exhausting. All these faces from my past. I closed my eyes and tried to get some sleep.

I woke up to the sound of a guard yelling and the lights being turned on. Guess it was time to wake up.

I heaved myself out of bed and walked over to the sink. I brushed my teeth quickly and washed my face before going to get changed.

Before I could start to get changed I realised that I had an audience, the 30 men or so who had a direct view into my cell were all staring at me intently. I quickly used a sheet from the bottom bunk to cover the cell door before getting changed.

As the doors opened I joined the sea of men and headed to breakfast. I did the best I could to ignore the remarks directed at me but I found it harder to ignore the probing hands groping at me.

I turned to the main culprit, a small man only a bit taller than me, pretty sure his name was Bill. "Didn't your mother ever teach you any manners" I hissed at him before jerking his finger out its socket. He yelled in pain before falling to the floor. What a pussy.

I entered the canteen and all the noise stopped. Every eye was on me. I walked over the serving area and collected my food before looking around for some where to sit. I scanned my eyes desperately for any where that look safe, suddenly I saw John and I started walking towards him. Then I saw who he was with. Scofield.

I paused in my tracks and quickly weighed up my options. I could sit with John and guarantee my safety but then I'd have to endure sitting next to the man who's parents I'd killed, or I could take my chances with sitting some where else but that could end up with me dead.

I decided sitting with John was probably the better option and I continued my journey towards him. I was almost there when a leg suddenly stuck out and tripped me up. I fell face first into the ground followed by my food.

A ripple of laughter reached my ears. I stood up slowly every bone in my body shaking from anger and turned to see who's leg it was.

T-bag looked up at me from where he was sitting "Sorry girly, didn't see you there" he smirked. The rest the cons at his table laughed as if it was the most hilarious thing they'd ever heard.

I didn't reply. Instead I bent down to where my food was scattered all over the floor. I picked up my carton of milk and banana and proceeded to pour the milk over T-bag head and then squish the banana into his scalp.

Silence filled the canteen for the second time since I'd entered.

I picked up my empty tray and continued my walk to where John was.

I sat down and smiled at both the men. "What's the gossip boys"

"Only that your life has suddenly become 1000 times more dangerous and now it's my job to look out for you" John hissed at me

"Abruzzi I'm the only woman in a male prison my life is already pretty fucked and I think I can take care of myself"

A gentle voice from next to me chimed in "T-bag is not someone you want to mess with, trust me"

I turned to blue eyes next to me "And you are?" I said despite knowing exactly who he was.

"Michael Scofield" he replied.

"Well Michael thanks for the advice but I think it's a bit late for that" I said, glancing over at T-bag.

I stood up and swiped an apple from John's tray.

"See you later boys" I said as I walked away.'