Chapter 11

This chapter is dedicated to @KyliePetrova who sent me a super nice message about the book, thank you! <3

---

I walk into the house "Mum" I call loudly. I wasn't surprised when there was no answer. She was probably in the bath. I rustle around the kitchen looking for something to eat, I decide on slice of cake from my 13th birthday the other day. Grabbing the remote I plopped myself on the sofa with my cake. Half an hour later I'd still heard no noise from the bathroom where I assumed mum was. My heart started to beat faster and I walked towards the door. I knocked loudly, "Mum?" I said my voice shaking a little. I wasn't sure why I was so scared. I turned the handle expecting it to be locked. It wasn't. I hesitantly pushed the door open and stepped inside the bathroom.

The first thing I noticed was the wetness on the ground. I look down. My socks were stained blood red. I slowly raised my head and looked to my right. My mother lay in the bath, it was filled to the brim with dark red water. A long cut was visible on her neck and her eyes were dull. I stood in shock before running forward to grab her hand. It was cold, there was no pulse. She was dead.

I tried to breathe but no air was coming in. I heard a noise behind me and quickly turned but it was too late, the needle was in my neck. My father's eyes met mine and I passed out.

I jerked awake breathing deeply, sweat dripping from my body. I knew that dream was coming but that didn't make it any better. I checked my watch. 6:00. Pulling off my sweaty clothes I splashed my face with water from the sink. Suddenly I remembered that I didn't have a sheet hanging up, I swivelled to look out my bars, the only face looking back at me was Michael's. He ducked away looking embarrassed as soon as he realised I noticed him. I smiled to myself before getting dressed.

After a painful morning mostly spent hiding in my cell avoiding everyone it was PI. I was the first in the room, quickly I grabbed a hammer from the tool tray and tucked it into my waistband before moving to lean against the wall in wait. In came C-note who gave me a nod, Charles who smiled at me, Sucre patted my shoulder sympathetically, Michael looked a bit sheepish, probably because of this morning but gave me a gentle hug. Then T-bag entered. I strode towards him, pulling the hammer out my trousers and swinging it in preparation. Everything went in slow motion, I raised the hammer above my head, T-bag turned to me realising what I was going to do. I brought the hammer down. But before it could impact with his head a hand grabbed my wrist, without looking it I knew it was Lincoln. Another set of arms wrapped around my waist pulling my backwards. I kicked against the body behind me still trying to get to T-bag who had stepped back looking shocked.

I felt Michael's breath on my ear as he whispered to me trying to calm me down. I collapsed against his body sobbing, he pulled me close to him wrapping his arms around me. "John" I managed to say through my sobs. No one knew how much he'd actually helped me. He saved me from my father and for that, I owed him my life. As my sobs subsided the room was silent. Even T-bag had no witty comment to offer. "Get to work" Michael ordered sternly. The men listened to him and began doing things around the room. Michael gently took the hammer out of my hands before helping me up. I turned to face him. He cupped my face in his hands and wiped away the tears using his thumbs.

"It's gonna be okay." he said quietly.

I spent the next couple of hours sitting in the corner of the room glaring at T-bag only jumping up when a guard came in. When PI was finally over Michael came and helped me to my feet. "Sorry for not helping" I said brushing myself off walking with him to the door. "It's fine." he said smiling. He arm hooked around my waist as we walked together. Just the feel of his hand on the patch of skin where my shirt had ridden up was enough to make my heart rate quicken. It had been a long time since anyone had touched me in this way. I internally shook my head, he was just a friend what was I thinking. I was still arguing with myself when we got back to our cell block. A small wave of sadness washed over me when Michael's hand left my side. "I'll be back in a minute" he said before striding off to his cell.

As soon as he had gone I quickly headed down the stairs to T-bag's cell, the blade I took from the pencil sharpener tucked away in my hand. I walked casually into T-bag's cell gesturing for the young boy on the bottom bunk to get out. T-bag was lying on the top bunk, his eyes closed. I pulled myself up and pressed the cold blade to his neck. His eyes opened wide as he realised what was happening. "Now you listen to me" I hissed. "I'm not going to kill you inside these walls, I can't risk not getting out but as soon as we're on the other side of that wall you're dead" He smiled at me displaying his yellowing teeth, "I got it princess" He said. "How about a quickie in memory of your dear 'friend' John" He continued gripping my hips.

I pushed away from him and jumped off the bed. "You're a dead man T" I said before heading out his cell. As soon as I stepped out I was ambushed by Michael. "What have you done Liv" He practically screamed at me. I pushed him away from me, "Chill out, I haven't done anything. He's still in there. Breathing." I replied calmly. I walked away and was just about in my cell when I was pushed inside and against the wall. I gasped as my chest hit the wall, wincing as my knees scraped against it. "Listen to me, you will not do anything like that again. You are not going to ruin this for my brother" Michael hissed in my ear. I was shocked at how aggressive he was being, just this morning he was wiping away my tears. "My brother is innocent and I will not let him die" He continued. I wiggled under his grip and managed to turn myself to face him, our faces only inches apart.

I stared into his eyes. Instead of feeling angry I was impressed. He cared for his brother a lot and I admired that. Without thinking I leant forward and placed my lips on his. He stiffened up for a second before reacting, his lips moving over mine. He pushed his body against mine, my hands still pinned to the side. But before he could go any further I used all my strength and pushed him away. I was in control here. I climbed up to the top bunk and grabbed my book. Michael stood still, looking confused but I saw the small smile that spread across his face as he left.

I didn't have any nightmares that night.

---

Look at this 2 updates in a couple of days I'm on fire! Thanks for reading don't forget to comment and vote!