1997 Can't Nobody Hold Me Down

Like I said. Not all events in this story happened as they did in real life. I'm clearly not James- so I wasn't there. Think of this story as the titanic. The ship was real. Jack and Rose weren't. Enjoy. 

--------------------

So far, Cassie was loving college. Much more than she loved High School. She felt as though she had actually fit in. Like the people here in Los Angeles, were her people. James had felt the exact same way. Although, he was now anxious to start his acting career. Cassie was taking it slow, as she was an acting major, and had the opportunity to craft her skills daily. "Hey- I wasn't expecting you. What are you doing here?".Cassie asked, as she opened the door.  

"I need a place to stay."He responded leaning against the girl's door frame. 

"James, you know I love you but- this is kind of my dorm room." She laughed lightly. She slowly stopped, as she realized he looked oddly upset.

"Cas, please. It's here or my car." He told her. She furrowed her eyebrows, as she opened the door wider. 

"Come in." She told him. He walked past her, carrying a backpack, and setting it down on the floor next to her bed. A thousand thoughts were running through her head, as she tried to figure out how the hell, James could be homeless. "What happened?" She asked.

"I'm dropping out." He responded casually, plopping down onto her bed. Cassie was now probably more stressed out than James. 

"What?" She exclaimed.

"They won't let me join the theatre program until fucking junior year." He explained. She took a breathe, as she now realized what this whole thing was about. James had planned to explore his interest in acting, as soon as he got here. 

"Okay, but is that any reason to drop out completely? I mean- what's two years?" She asked

"Maybe not a lot for you, because you're able to do what you love everyday. I can't put this on hold for the next two years." He told her. She felt for him, but now she just worried he may not of thought this all through.

"Okay- so you drop out, and then what? We share a twin bed in my dorm room for the rest of the year?" She laughed lightly. 

"I'm looking at a small place tomorrow. I want you to come with me." He told her immediately.

"What do your parents say?" 

"They cut me off." He responded, easily.

"Where are you getting the money from?" 

"I applied at a Mcdonalds today. Practically handed me the job." He replied. 

"But- you're a vegetarian?"

"They sell salads." He shrugged. Maybe he had thought this through. It was just scary because all of a sudden the reality of their dreams became much more prevalent. He was chasing after his, and she was only focused on acting inside of school. 

"You just thought of everything, huh?" 

"Yeah. And I signed up for these acting classes with Robert Carnegie-" 

She cut him off. "Robert Carnegie? The Robert Carnegie?" She gasped. "You got a spot at Playhouse?" She wasn't jealous. She was happy for him. Although she went from worrying for her friend, to wishing she was him. 

"Yeah. I just want to commit to this completely. I really think I can make it, Cas." He told her. She sat down at her desk, looking at the boy on her bed. If he was going to commit, why couldn't she do it too? 

"I believe in you. Also, you are free to crash on my tiny bed for as long as you'd like. Well- until my roomate gets pissed off." She joked. 

"She won't get pissed off, she likes me." He smirked, causing Cassie to roll her eyes. Her roommate, Alex, was an extremely eccentric girl from Seattle. She had maybe flirted with James a few times, but that's just the kind of girl she is. Or so Cassie hoped.