A School

What do you call a group of Angel Fish?

A School

March came and went and with it a new batch of fresh genin were set loose in the village, Itachi numbering himself among them. He officially cemented every single rumour that he was a genius and it was now a known fact even outside the clan.

The boy had eyes watching him everywhere.

It was terribly annoying and Sora wanted to scowl at everyone. 'He is a seven year old stop perving on him you creepy ass elders!'

But she sticks to simply stealing Itachi on occasion from his responsibilities and new team. As it so happened, the two kept in touch, which wasn't all that hard considering they lived in the exact same compound. Eh, semantics.

Sora was not on Itachi's level when it came to fighting but the boy was surprisingly patient and willing to help. It may or may not have helped that her sharingan made things that much easier. (What? Was it cheating? Tough luck, these red eyes would bring her more bad luck than they did her any good. She just knew it.)

Either way, the girl counted herself lucky. Ridiculously so; which only meant that her fortune was due for a plunge any day now.

Itachi actually seeming to enjoy her company and training with her, which meant several things. One, she got to train with a real ass prodigy, which would undoubtedly help her improve her skills. Two, she got to keep an eye on the boy, at a rather early strange, but a rather crucial thing nonetheless. And finally, she actually found herself enjoying Uchiha Itachi's company. He was calm, mostly quiet and intelligent. Which was not, how must other children 'her age' werehence why she did not try to make friends with other children.

Sora was patient with him and after their initial meeting refused to give him any special treatment. No fangirling, fear induced avoidance or divinising him. Which he must have liked. At least that is what Sora assumed. It might also have to do with the fact that he had a sweet tooth and she quite liked baking.

Oh and there was the tinsy tiny detail of her having meet the Uchiha Shisui. Yeah, you heard right. She was now acquainted with another of her clan's prodigies. Which was a given considering she also spent time with Itachi when the two (mainly the latter) made time for it and the two boys, in the short amount of time they knew each other, grew really close to one another.

Nevertheless her and Shisui were not quite buddy-buddy with each other. After all, they have actually only met a grand total of two times in the nearly seven months she has 'officially' known Itachi. So it wasn't exactly a shock.

He was nice enough she supposed. Scratch that. He was nice. Even corrected her stance without being a stuck-up and willing to share some of the more fun stories from his missions.

But on a serious note now...who the fuck named him? Did they want him to die like that? Did he purposefully throw himself into a river as a final ironic fuck you? Because that was just disturbing. [Shisui means death water, literally] And how was he a chūnin already? He was nine!

Life was just odd like that she guessed.

—.—.—.—

Shisui was odd. That was, Sora came to conclude, an unmistakable fact of life. The nine year old boy was originally slotted a solo C-rank recovery mission and decided it would make ideal training for Itachi. Which it was. And came as no surprise to anyone when he offered the young boy to join him.