A Family

What do you call a group of Beavers?

A Family

Sora learned how to walk really fast. True, her stamina wasn't the greatest and her legs often gave up and caused her to fall flat on her arse but the girl was determined to master her basic motor skills.

The same determination was applied to learning the language, refusing to pretend she was stupider than she actually was if for the simple fact that learning a new language took time anyway. She wasn't about to make it take any longer for the sake of looking like she progresses at a typical pace.

Let others reach their own conclusions.

At the age of two she already helped her mother around the house, as much as her physical body and stamina allowed her too. But the very basics she could help with.

Every now and then she would catch her parents whispering with one another or with another relative about her: "She grasps new concepts very quickly," "Is she one of those children?" "She'll grow to make the Uchiha clan proud," and on they continued.

Unfortunately for everyone, Sora didn't give a shit about any of that.

She did what she did in an effort to keep herself somewhat entertained till the inevitable night they all got killed by her cousins.

What? Did she have no evidence for that being the case? True enough. She didn't have any conclusive information about whether or not the likelihood of her clan's demise was an inevitable...but she already knew Itachi existed and with a bit of prodding and snooping, which only worked because this was a more recent event, learnt that non-other than Uchiha Obito was killed in action not even a full month ago.

The war was at that stage were things were still in full swing but the signs of finality were presenting themselves. Two months ago Kiri ordered their main force to retreat closer to the coast, Takeo was just telling them at dinner how Yugakure officially retreated from the war completely and, well she didn't really know what the other countries were doing but Sora noticed more and more Konoha shinobi returning home so she assumed the war was drawing to an end. For now.

If anything, as far as her family was concerned, Riku's nearing graduation from the academy was far more important. At only nine years old, the boy was practically vibrating with excitement at the prospect of finally becoming an official ninja.

Umi was also slotted to graduate next year, also at nine years old and their father joked that at this pace Sora was more than likely to do the same.

And then said child decided to ruin the good mood by saying:

"I'm not becoming a ninja," and in the silence which followed said statement Sora was willing to bet one could have heard a pin drop.

"What?" Riku managed to say, shocked eyes staring at his youngest sister in disbelief. Their parents were quiet, both pinning the girl with contemplative stares although Kotori's might show a touch more of confusion than her father's. Umi was the only one who continued to eat in peace,looking as though she expected said answer.

And she did.

Truly, the girl has watched her little sister and suspected that to be the case for a while, though she kept quiet least her assessment be wrong. Unlike Riku and herself, Sora lacked motivation. She didn't pester any sibling for tips or stories from the academy, didn't attempt to beg to be taught a new jutsu...

Sora just didn't care.

She would look on in astonishment whenever she saw a ninja in action, but beyond the momentary amazement at their ability she displayed no other emotion on said topic.