Chapter 16 || The fan incident

"Wake up, wake up! Girl~" Seungkwan belted out the lyrics loudly as he played the song from the phone; the song being in English.

Jihoon groaned in protest as he suppressed the urge to cry out in pain.

"Good morning vocal unit!" Joshua exclaimed brightly in English as he pulled himself up from the bed and stretched. The bright greeting only earning another groan from Jihoon.

"Why do you keep groaning Jih- Woozi?" Jeonghan asked as Joshua pulled him out of bed and hugged him.

"Why are you all up so early?" he muttered beneath his breath, audibly enough for the boys to hear as he pulled the blankets which covered his face from the top down to his nose, peeking at everyone else just because he could.

"We have a fan sign in an hour," DK explained.

This time, Jihoon sat up, a frown etched into his features as he was only hearing it for the first time. They'd been hoping for him not to find out so he could stay and rest considering he was still injured.

When Jihoon heard this, he was shocked to find that rather it being the manager who decided this, it was the boys; all of them excluding Soonyoung and Dino who'd tried to reason that he would find out and they'd be hurting his feelings and that he deserved to be there considering he was the composer and without him, they'd most likely have nothing to sing at all.

"Jihoon, we just wanted you to rest and not stress or worry or-"

"You could have listened to that fool, Hoshi or even the maknae. If you did, this wouldn't be happening."

"What do you mean?" asked the half-dressed Seungkwan who'd missed the entire conversation and was the only one in the room to dress; even the injured Jihoon was done before him.

Everyone now looked at Jihoon who stared back wordlessly.

Like Soonyoung, the know it all fool, predicted, Jihoon was quite hurt by the other members' actions. What they'd done had only made him feel much more worse than he already did.

He couldn't dance, they wouldn't allow him to sing or write until he was better and now they wouldn't let him go with him to to fan signs.

He felt like they were slowly drifting away. They made him feel like all of a sudden, he was replaceable; anyone could fill his place.

Without another word, Jihoon exited the room on his crutches.

Upon making his way outside to where Seungcheol and Soonyoung waited, he smiled only for it to fade when S.Coups asked, "Where are you going?"

"To the fan sign with the rest of the group."

"No you're not-"

"I'm a member too, S.Coups!" Jihoon snapped, glaring at Seungcheol who looked at Jihoon in surprise.

But Jihoon didn't say a word, following Soonyoung to one of the cars where he helped Jihoon in before getting in, Minghao and Jun following before the door closed.

When Minghao looked to Jihoon, his face lit up as he said happily, "You are coming with us! S.Coups said you weren't. You had Jun and I super worried!"

Jihoon smiled at him as he explained, "Yeah, well I only found out about it this morning. I'm glad some people wanted me there though."

"Who wouldn't-?"

Before Minghao could finish his sentence, Jun covered his mouth as per Soonyoung's request.

And so, the rest of the ride was filled with silence as Jun held onto Minghao who now developed a bit of a phobia for car rides.

Jihoon's hand was shaking while Soonyoung, who had been the first to notice, reached out and held it gently, squeezing it reassuringly every now and then.

Jihoon was grateful, but wouldn't let him know that.

When they arrived at the place, Soonyoung released the boy's hand and Jihoon was upset at the lack of warmth. He'd never admit it either, but he liked when Soonyoung held his hand.

Soonyoung had gone out the other door and was helping Jihoon out after opening the door for him.

Once he was out, they met with the rest of the group at the entrance before they walked in. Unlike the others, Jihoon had taken a seat by the long table already considering he couldn't stand for very long.

Soon enough, the place was packed with fans and the boys performed one of their latest songs Nice.

It had a huge effect on the fans who were practically screaming their lungs out except for one; even after the boys took their seats at the long table.

Some of them stood and shook hands with the fans; something Jihoon couldn't really do, not that many minded.

But one did; the same girl who stood out in the crowd who hadn't been singing or screaming or really reacting in general.

A girl walked up to Jihoon with dark flowing hair, a skirt that sat about mid-thigh and was awfully tight on her and what appeared to be a sports bra that matched. It showed way too much skin, but it seemed to be anything but a problem for her.

When Jihoon smiled to greet her, he froze a bit as he noticed the furious look she was receiving from her.

"Hello-"

"Do not dare hello me. Do you even care about your fans? You're my bias and you're being simply selfish, lazy and useless!" the girl exclaimed, but not loud enough to alert the rest of the members.

"I-"

"I do not need excuses. I used to think that you were one of the most hard working members, but now I feel that you're the laziest. You can't even stand to greet us like the rest of the group greeted their fans."

"Look, if you could just-"

"You might as well leave the group. You'll only burden them further," the girl said, finishing her rant.

Sensing this, the boy was about to say something when out of nowhere, the fan did something unexpected; something you would never imagine.

The girl; the fan smacked Jihoon.