Chapter 12 || Lock Down

It had been five days since they arrived from their trip and since then they'd been practicing their song with the dance every chance they got. Soonyoung and Jihoon were the two who seemed to overwork themselves despite protests from the other members.

No matter how many times the rest of the group tried to get them to take a break or even just stop for the day, nothing seemed to get through to them.

Right now, Soonyoung and Jihoon were in the practice room as they went through the dance for the thirteenth time that day. And as far as food went, the two boys hadn't eaten since supper the previous night.

"Someone needs to stop them," Seungcheol said aloud to the rest of the group as they stood in the doorway, watching both boys as they danced.

"You have to admit, they're quite good even though they haven't had any breaks. You'd think they were just about to collapse," Dino said, staring at the two in amazement whereas everyone else stared in concern.

"Jeonghan, DK and Vernon, help me stop them before one of them gets seriously injured," S.Coups commanded softly, voice lower than usual as he made his way in, not waiting for the others as he approached the two boys.

"It must be difficult for S.Coups hyung," Dino mumbled, frowning as he watched Seungcheol grab Jihoon from under his arms, Vernon helping by grabbing his legs and proceeding to carry Jihoon out of the practice room.

Jeonghan and DK did the same with Soonyoung as they carried hi, following behind S.Coups and Vernon. And of course, wanting to see what S.Coups would do with the two, the rest of the group followed as well.

Jihoon was yelling profanities as he demanded to be put down whereas Soonyoung stayed silent; his plan simple and quite obvious: to save his energy in the hopes that if he were set down, he could make a wild dash for it.

Jihoon didn't bother, knowing Seungcheol would expect just that. He knew there was no way their leader would set either boy down.

"Where are we taking them?" Jeonghan asked what everyone was thinking.

S.Coups didn't spare him a glance as he said, "You will see soon enough."

At these words, Jeonghan frowned, feeling as though S.Coups were treating him with a cold shoulder, and in truth, the older was doing exactly that. He still hadn't quite recovered from his rejection after all, but he never told anyone that. He just silently suffered alone.

But of course, being the leader, he knew he should have already gotten over it otherwise they would think lowly of him and stop viewing him as a leader. But this was only what he thought and feared. So he simply hid it.

"Oh, look, we're at the dorm," Seungkwan said through the silence as they made it to their destination.

"China Line, do me a favour," S.Coups called to the two boys before whispering something in their ears which made the two nod before unlocking and entering the dorm. Everyone else could only stare as they tried to figure out S.Coups' plan.

Not much later, Jun and Minghao returned, smiling at Seungcheol as they said something in Mandarin. S.Coups stared blankly and the two realized why.

Minghao quickly hid his face behind Jun's shoulder due to embarrassment and Jun smiled shyly as he said softly, "We're done with what you asked us to do."

"Oh, thanks. Jeonghan, DK and Vernon, let's take them inside, but follow my lead, alright?"

The three nodded obediently, DK holding back a remark as he got the sense that now would be a bad time. So instead, the three boys followed behind their leader silently.

"On three, toss and run, Seungcheol informed them as they each stood at the bed. With those words, the plan was fairly obvious.

"One, Two, Three!" Seungcheol exclaimed as he and Vernon dropped Jihoon in the direction of the bed and dashing out of the room, Jeonghan and DK not far behind as the four exited the dorm and S.Coups slammed the door closed behind them.

Wonwoo proceeded to step forward and hand him the key to which Seungcheol was ever grateful.

After locking the door, Seungcheol turned to face the rest of the group with a smile as he asked, "Let's go out for lunch."

This time, everyone went along, no questions asked.

Meanwhile, inside, Jihoon was sprawled across the floor with his hands on his head as he silently begged and pleaded for the splitting pain in the back of his head to go away.

Soonyoung, who luckily landed on the bed and had run behind in hopes of getting out, entered the room as he softly cursed to himself. They had an award show in two days and were expected to perform in front of everyone there, yet Soonyoung could not help but think that he needed to practice one more time. In all honesty, he knew they would be amazing; he had a lot of confidence in them, but he had a gut feeling something would go wrong that day and he hoped it would not end up being their performance.

As he entered, he noticed the boy lying on the floor in pain and immediately went to his side to see what was wrong.

"Jihoonie?" Soonyoung questioned, hoping to receive some type of response from the other, but no such luck as he was unresponsive.

"Jihoon-ah? Dongsaeng?" Soonyoung called into his eat after kindly moving the other to the boy gently.

He couldn't help but grin when he was weakly shoved away by an exhausted and injured Jihoon who mumbled, "I already told you to never call me dongsaeng, hyung. Even if I am."

Soonyoung didn't think much of it when Jihoon referred to Soonyoung as 'hyung' even though it was a big deal considering he never called Soonyoung anything but his stage name since they debuted.

Jihoon had begun dozing off, but Soonyoung was quick to stop him, shaking him just a bit roughly.

"Noisy, noisy, Soonyoungie," Jihoon mumbled in his aegyo voice out of nothing but pure tiredness, the words alone making the older blush as he stared at the younger in pure disbelief.

"You may have a concussion. You can't sleep yet."

Slowly, Jihoon sat up after much convincing as he mumbled, "Okay, okay, I'm up. Did they really lock us in?"

"Checked thrice already."

"It's like we're on lock down," Jihoon said as he sat against the wall beside his friend.

"Why are you so tired?" Soonyoung asked, causing the boy beside him to snicker softly before replying, "You really have little to no self-awareness when dancing, do you? I was practicing with you the whole time. We both didn't take breaks. That's why I'm here too."

"Oh..." Soonyoung trailed off, unsure of what to say.

"Aren't you tired?" Jihoon asked, glancing at Soonyoung who replied with a nod.

So the rest of their lock down was spent like that. The two of them just speaking and occasionally laughing and commenting and joking.

It wasn't long until they both fell asleep.

When the rest of the group returned, they all entered the room to find Jihoon asleep against Soonyoung; his head on the elder's shoulder and Soonyoung's resting gently atop the smaller boy's.

Jeonghan cooed a bit too loudly and everyone shushed him.

Each of them couldn't stop themselves from grinning.