"Yeah okay." I smiled and pushed his shoulder, getting rid of the emotional tension in the room.

"Then it's a plan. I'm free tonight, are you?" He asked, clearing his throat.

"Yes I am." I smiled at him and he returned the smile. It meant I cleared things up with him and it one less thing I had to worry about. I also didn't feel so hurt because he took the time to help me understand his reasons for not telling me. "Thanks Blake." He looked at me with confusion, but I needed to thank him.

"For what exactly?" I could tell he couldn't figure it out which made me smile even more.

"For trusting me enough to tell me, and I promise not to tell anyone." He smiled again. I walked out of his room already beginning to plan our night together.

"You're welcome." He was barely audible but I still heard him as I walked down the hall to my bedroom.

The day went by slowly, I dilly dallied around the house, doing silly things like dancing and singing with my curtains closed of course. I ended up only wasting about thirty minutes and it made me frustrated, I was such an impatient person, especially when I was excited. Blake and I were going to have such a good night and I wanted to pull out all the stops.

I got my flannel pajamas out and and jumped in the shower, hoping I could go knock on his door and we'd get an early start. Eagerly I knocked on his door. When he saw me he immediately knew what I wanted.

"Okay go get it set up and I'll be down in a minute." He laughed and I jumped for joy.

We watched 4 horror movies and made 3 bowls of popcorn, of course Blake ate most of it. He had a scary metabolism where he could eat anything and still be skinny. I was just waiting for that day when he turned 50 and had a beer belly. Then I'd laugh and never let him live it down but in that moment I was jealous, really jealous. I had to work for my girlish figure. Apparently the Blake I knew who was able to stay up all night was gone so we ended up going to sleep around 2 am but only after making a fort out of the couch cushions so the night didn't have to end. It was an understatement to say I was sad when morning came around and I had to get ready for school.

When I left Blake was still asleep in the living room. I forgot all about my issues with Eva and Riley, suddenly I wanted to crawl back into bed and take a mental health day. Thinking about what it would be like, acting like nothing happened was dreadful. I decided I would avoid them as much as possible, maybe even hang out with Jacob. I blushed just thinking about it, I hadn't talked to him since the carnival.

I avoided my locker like the plague, so glad I had all my books on me. I was just about to go into the classroom when I felt my phone vibrate.

From: Eva

You're not at the lockers. Where are you?

I answered her quickly and sat down.

To: Eva

I was late, had to go straight to class.

Part of me hoped they knew I was mad and the other part just wanted everything to go back to normal, normal was easier.

When lunch came around I felt like a lost puppy, Jacob was nowhere to be found and I really wanted to stick to avoiding Eva and Riley, at least for one more day. I only knew one place to go, so I went and sat in the library pretending to catch up on some extra work. I was really just doodling in my notebook, but it made me look like less of a loser. I stayed there until the bell rang and it was finally time for biology.

It felt like the moment of truth. Was Jacob and My relationship going to be any different? I wanted it to be different, maybe a little more meaningful than it was before the carnival. But he never showed up, the desk beside me stayed empty the entire class. It was like I couldn't focus on anything other than his empty chair. Is he sick? Did he skip? Did he take a mental health day? Maybe he's avoiding me. It was a new feeling, to care so much about the presence of a boy. I couldn't wrap my mind around it.