Chapter 4

Kim's Pov

It's been 1 month since I have been a mermaid and 3 weeks of knowing that Alex is a merman. Since than, I haven't been hanging out with him because I have a lot of schoolwork to do. I'm in AP classes so there's a lot more work to do. I am working on Math right now. My phone goes off and I see it's Alex.

Hey

Hey

Do you want to go for a swim?

I can't i'm doing work. I wish I could.

Okay. I understand. Good luck.

Bye. I'll see you soon.

I put my phone on the bed and I continue doing work. I hate not being with Alex. But I need to do work to get an education and a degree. It's been at least about 4 hours and I am still working. I decided that I need a break. I go downstairs and I get a drink. Cleo is sitting on the couch and she looks up at me.

"Hey Kimmy. How is your work coming?" As I am pouring water in the cup, I put a straw in it.

"Good.I just need a break. My head is swirling from all the Math I did."I chuckle while saying that. She laughs too. Then she goes back and watches tv.

''Hey. I'm going to go to the beach with Alex. Is that okay? I should be back in an hour to do my work" She nodded.I went upstairs and got some beach clothes on. I got my phone and texted Alex.

Taking a break. Want to go to the beach with me?

Thought you'd never ask.;)

Be there in 5.

I put my phone in my pocket and I go to the beach. Alex is there and I hug him. It's been so long since I've seen him.

"I've missed you so much!" He said. I kiss his cheek and I tell him the same thing. I put my stuff down and I hold his hand.

"You know what else i've missed? Swimming." He looks at me and then the ocean. We both run to the ocean and jump in. I close my eyes and just feel at peace and at ease with being in the ocean again. Alex puts his hand out and I grab it. We start swimming around enjoying the ocean around us. I have definitely missed swimming. When I am in the ocean, I feel free and like I am at home. Alex pulls me closer and he puts his hand on my cheek and kisses me. We pull away, and I smile. We swim for a while.

Cleo's Pov

I am on the couch and I hear the doorbell.I get up and open the door. Emma,Rikki, and Bella are here.

"Hey guys. Come in." They come in and we sit on the couch. I am really worried about Kim. She doesn't go near water anymore. She has been in her room all the time or she's always out and she doesn't come home until later.

"Kim is not herself.She's been in her room all the time.Or she goes out and comes home late" I say. Emma speaks up.

"Maybe she is going somewhere with Alex. I mean they are dating after all.  It's probably nothing Cleo." I look up the stairs to where her room is and I get up.

"Where are you going?" Rikki asks. I know it's wrong and i'm the older sister, but I'm worried and I need to know what she's hiding.

"To Kim's room. To see what she's hiding.Any of you want to come feel free to meet me there."  I go upstairs to Kim's room. I hear footsteps and see that they joined me. I open the door and see Kim's room. Her books are everywhere, and there's work on her bed and desk. Emma speaks.

"See Cleo? It's just her doing work. I don't think she-" She stops and walks to Kim's desk. We follow her and she picks up a piece of paper. It's a drawn sketch of the ocean.