Chapter 5

Kim's Pov

Swimming during winter break was amazing. Now it's almost summer and I can't wait! My phone goes off and I see that it's Jo.

Hey Kim

Hey Jo. What's up?

Just wanted to see how things were.

Well. It's almost summer so we can hang out.

That sounds good. See you later.

Bye!<3

I put my phone down and I get ready for school.I forgot to mention. Jo isn't from Australia. She's from Kansas and she moved here when she was 7. I'm like really jealous of her accent. I grab my backpack and Alex is taking me to school. Cleo and Emma,Bella,Rikki,(etc.) were downstairs and the doorbell rings.

"I'll get it!" I went to the door. I opened it and Alex was there. He picked me up and spun me around. I blushed really hard when he did that.

"Bye Cleo!" We get out the door and we start walking hand-in hand. We were near the beach when Alex stopped.

"Let's go for a quick dip." I looked at him.

"I want to. I do but, we need to be at school." He gives me the pouty face. Not the pouty face! he knows that I can't resist it.

"Fine. But only for 5 minutes." He smiles and we run in the water. I start swimming and he grabs my hand and smiles at me. I feel so calm when I am underwater.  Alex puts his hand on my cheek and kisses me and I kiss back. We start swimming out to share and we get out. Our legs come back and we run to school.

"Shit! Were late!" We run in and we go to our class. When we entered, everyone looked at us.

"Ms. Setori and Mr. Benjamin. You're late." She points us to our desk and we sit there. Cassandra looks pissed and jealous and I just roll my eyes. Does she have nothing better to do then just look at me and Alex?

-Time Skip-

The bell rang and we all went out of class. I went to my locker and I opened it. I got my books out and closed it. Right when I closed my locker, Cassandra came up to me.

"What is it Cassandra? I really don't want to do this." She sighs and comes to my face and I just glare at her.

"Listen up. You stole Alex from me. I will find out all about you and use that information so Alex can dump you" Really? She won't find out i'm a mermaid. Even if so, she can tell Alex but he already knows that.

"Yea. That's nice. Listen, I have to get to class so, see you." I walk by her and head to class. I hear her scoff and I just roll my eyes. She's not going to find out about me because i'm very careful. Alex comes up to me and I kiss him.

"Hey Kimmy." I blush at that and I take his hand and start walking to class. We walked in, and we sat at our desks. i got my sketchpad out and I started drawing.I drew Mako Island and I- Wait. Mako Island? I don't remember drawing that. That's where I became a mermaid. I'm trying to remember where the entrance is. The teacher calls out my name.

"Ms. Setori!" I look up and she's in my face. I quickly put my sketchbook away and I pay attention.

"Sorry miss." She gets my sketchpad out and rips papers from it.

'Hey!" She continues until there's nothing left anymore. I start to cry a little and everyone is shocked and didn't say anything.

"I don't tolerate distractions in my class!" She gives it back to me and I start to get angry. I clench my fists. The glass of water that is next to her starts to shake and bubble. I feel tapping but I ignore it. Pretty soon fire came from it and everyone screamed. I finally snap out of it and Alex is in front of me.