.author's note + acknowledgments.

Dear reader,

Are you alive? (Please say yes.)

You've made it through a book of epic feels. Believe it or not, I wrote this book in thirty-four short days for NaNoWriMo2016. *whew*

Thank you! This is the fourth book I've completed on Wattpad since February 2016 (so...eight months) and it is the fifth book I've written since November 2015. Thank you, thank you, thank you for reading.

FOLLOWED has done extremely well, and for that I am extremely grateful. As you might be aware, this isn't the original version of this book. When I wrote FOLLOWED, I wanted illegal immigration to be a main issue in the book, but - after talking to a publisher - I realized that it wasn't appropriate given the tense political climate around immigration at this time.

I'm a firm supporter of immigration (after all, we are a nation of immigrants), and I strongly disapprove of President Trump's travel restrictions + wall. While I believe immigration stories need to be told, I would like to see these stories told by the people living through these situations. 

Hence my decision to rewrite the book. I love the story (and Cait is still a proud Latina!), and I think it still carries a lot of weight. I hope you enjoyed it.

So, to all of you (fondly known as Handrailers, if you didn't know), thank you. You're wonderful. I'm so proud of each and every one of you, and I am beyond grateful that you've taken time out of your lives to read and support my books.

As usual, I'd like to thank my friends and family (that means you too!) for supporting me, and - most importantly - my fiancé Conlan for always being there for me. I say it every time, but I mean it. These books wouldn't exist without him.

You probably caught several less-than-subtle references to my first ever book, Rache, so you should probably check it out. 

Until then? Here's what I have planned:

MARCH:

-Fragile: Regular updates are back. Yay! Hands up if you miss Ava + Theo!

-Chaos Theory: Also known as the re-write of The Ides Of July, this book is nearly finished. Go read it! Please! It's available on Wattpad, and I'm hoping to submit it to agents + publishers in the very near future.

-The Darkness Is Coming: It's finally here! We're all need more Lanki in our lives, so go check it out.

I love you. All of you. I love getting your messages, following you on Instagram, Snapchat, etc...all of it.

Love,
Jandra

Love,Jandra