31

"I've tried everything," I told Val as I collapsed on the sofa after work

It was Saturday, and I'd been trying to reach Andrew for two weeks. Between work, talking to federal agents about my dad's case, and avoiding the paparazzi, exhaustion didn't even begin to describe how I felt. School was starting on January 30th, so I had less than two months to figure all of my shit out - including preparation for Danielle's trial - before going back.

"His number still disconnected?" Val asked.

I nodded, "Yup."

"Instagram?"

"Tried it," I replied.

She frowned, "Email? Twitter?"

"Don't have his email," I sighed, running a hand through my tangled hair. "And Twitter? Really? Do you know how many people tweet him every day? He'd never see it."

Val shrugged, "It saved us once. I figured it might pull through again."

I snorted, remembering how the social media network actually came in handy after 'the incident' with Danielle. If only life was that easy, right? I'd spent countless hours scrolling Twitter for mentions of Andrew, but nothing turned up. I set Google Alerts for his name - my inbox hit 4,000 emails in three days - and did absolutely anything I could think of.

Except one.

"I didn't follow him," I said slowly. "I don't think I actually tried sending him a tweet."

My roommate gaped at me, "Seriously? Why not?"

"I didn't know how!" I defended myself.

"You push the 'tweet' button! It's not fricking rocket science," Val said with a groan. "Geez, Cait, I thought you were some math genius."

Sticking my tongue out at her, I pulled my phone out of my pocket and opened Twitter. My account was absolutely dead - I had no profile picture (except the glorious egghead), no followers, no tweets, nothing. If I was going to reach him on Twitter, I'd need to try harder.

He hadn't tweeted since before the incident, but Val was right. I needed to try it, just to make sure I'd explored every avenue. If his phone was disconnected, that didn't necessarily mean he didn't have access to Twitter. He might have changed his number or something.

Still, the chances of him seeing one of my tweets was one in a million. Except, he had three million followers on Twitter.

Shit.

"This isn't going to work," I told Val, navigating to his profile as she directed me there after updating my profile picture.

"It might," she said, clicking the 'tweet' button for me. "Besides, all we need is for him or Jazmin to see it, right? She might monitor his Twitter account a little more closely."