Chapter 3

James once again left their castle. He'll be seeing Nadine tonight, too.

After she caught him that night, she introduced herself and asked for his name. James was stunned then, she didn't act as if she was scared or disbelieving. It was as if she wanted to be his friend.

He asked her about this, about why she wasn't afraid and she said she always knew she had friends from the wisteria tree.

They started talking, and James was again surprised that they got along very well. Humans don't seem to be too different from fairies.

He sat by the root again, awaiting Nadine.

She came as soon as the sun fully sets.

"James!" She called after sitting down her place.

James jumped on her head. "Naddie!" he said.

She laughed.

"How was your work today?" She asked. James have told her all about being the Snow Lord.

"It was fine. I had fun with the snow sprites and my brother, Arjo. He's the Hail Lord, he was the reason there was sleet this morning.

"There was?" She asked.

"Oh, I forgot you'd be sleeping then. There were lots! The first prince, Andy, actually scolded Arjo since it was too early to include sleets." He said.

"There are many princes, aren't there?" Nadine asked. She always asked him questions, she said his world fascinates her but it was the same for James, so James would sometimes asked her questions too.

"I have six siblings." He said holding up six fingers.

"The first prince, Andy, is the Rain Lord. He's very nice but he's a bit strict since he's the heir and all. Then there's the first princess, Jenny, she's the Flora Lady. Then the third of us siblings is Robbie, the Grey Lord. He's the reason for thunders and lightning. Then there's Arjo. And then Lauren, the Flame Lady, then me, then Jack, the Wind Lord." He explained.

"It must be fun to have so many siblings." Nadine said.

"It's fun, but it's a bit straining since we're always being compared to each other."

"It must be hard being a prince." She said.

"A bit." He said. "Tell me stories about Naddie, too."

"I don't really have much to tell..." Nadine said.

"Any story is fine!" He insisted.

"Well, I don't have any siblings. I just have Clarky to play with." She said.

"How 'bout me?" James asked.

Nadine smiled. "Yes, and James, too." She said and then she coughed.

"Are you okay? Is it too cold? Do you want me to ask my sister to make it a bit warmer?"

"No-" Nadine was saying but it already became warmer.

"Oh, she already heard us." James grinned.

"Wow, how do you do that? Do you guys have sharp hearing?" Nadine asked.

"No, that's just Lauren. She can hear me even if I'm so far away from her."

"That's amazing."

James smiled. "But she has very poor eyesight." He chuckled.

And then he yelped. One of his wings was on fire. "I was only joking, Lauren! Jeez!" James said as he put out the fire with just his eyes.

Nadine chuckled. James looked at her.

"Hey, do you want to meet Lauren? That way you can have more friends!" He said.

"That would be great," She said.

"I'll go get her then!" He said as he stood up.

"Wait, James!" Nadine called. "Can't you just call her? She can hear you, can't she?"

"I don't think she can sneak out alone. She's scrawny. Ouch, Lauren! Don't flame me!" He exclaimed.

"Then can you just introduce her tomorrow? I don't want to see you go yet."

"But I'll be back in a hurry." He said.

"Please?" Nadine said.

James looked at her. "Well, if that's what Naddie wants."

The next night, Nadine went out their house and went straight to the wisteria tree.

She found James there. He was three inches tall, wearing some sort of a blue pants and a very baggy shirt, also blue in color.

He was with some others. One was another male fairy with the same sort of clothes, only green. He has long black hair.

And there was another one, a female fairy, she was shorter than the two and she was wearing a kind of dress, it was red in color. She has long, flaming red her, but her eyes were the same as James' green ones.

"Naddie!" James called.

"James." She replied.

"I told you I'll introduce you, right? This is my sister Lauren," He pointed at the female fairy. "And this is her fiancé, Ishii." He pointed at the other one.

"It's nice to meet you." She smiled at them. She was surprised when Lauren flew straight to her face.

"Can you smile again?" She asked, she was only centimeters away from her face. Nadine smiled. And the fairy beamed.

"You look so beautiful when you smile!" She exclaimed.

"Thank you." Nadine said, embarrassed. "You look beautiful, too, Lauren." Nadine smiled at her.

"Thanks!" She said. "Can we be friends?" She asked.

"I'd love to." Nadine said.

"Yey!" She squealed. "Junichi! Be friends with her, too!" she said to the green fairy.

"Can I?" Ishii asked her.

She smiled at him and nodded. He smiled back at her.

"Naddie, now you have many friends!" James said.

"Yes, thank you, James." She said.