The Vampire Bodyguard - Chapter Seven.

Start from the beginning

As we walked into this huge hall I was stunned to see so many people all gathered taking seats. I heard laughter all around and people meeting others and introducing themselves to each other. I decided that I’d sit on the edge near the back of the room; of course as I did Josiah sat next to me.

 A tall girl with curly red hair came and sat a seat away from me and looked at me. I smiled and she nodded, moving to the seat next to me introducing herself, “Hey, I’m Grace?” I smiled in reply, giving her my name, “Jade” I noticed Josiah tense slightly and lean forward as I was being spoken to. I nudged him and laughed “This is Josiah; he’s a little…shy?” Grace nodded and leaned around me to nod to Josiah. He nodded and then looked away. After the hour long talk from the head teacher about rules and what he expected from us and many sarcastic comments and funny stories in my ear from Grace I knew I had found my first mew friend.  Maybe she would even end up being my best friend, who knows?

As everyone started to get up to leave Grace and I swapped numbers, “Yeah I heard about some party tonight on my corridor, I was invited but I didn’t want to go on my own, you should come with me? We can see if there’s actually anyone worth talking to?” I smiled “Yeah, I’ll give you a ring later maybe?” She smiled then looked to Josiah “I guess you could bring him too if you want, give the girls something to look at” I laughed at that and the look on Josiah’s face. He wasn’t impressed. As we walked out the hall I was about to go through the door in front of Josiah when a tall guy came tumbling towards me in the huge crowd that was heading for these small double doors to exit. I fell down straight to the floor, the guy falling on top of me. I saw Josiah pull the guy and give him one hell of a scary look. I could almost see his fangs, I could easily tell they had extended, to other humans they wouldn’t notice as they’ve never even thought about the fact that vampires could actually in fact exist. “Watch where you are going.” The tall guy scowled slightly, he was in fact extremely tall, nearly as tall as Josiah, and well-built too. His gaze then fell upon me, on the floor. I forced myself to stand up and Josiah put his hand on the small of my back starting to lead me away when I heard the guy’s voice “I’m sorry, didn’t mean to bump into you?” I nodded “Don’t worry it’s fine?”

Josiah then pulled me through the doors and led me down the way to our rooms. I frowned “I thought we were going to check out where everything was?” He looked murderously angry still. I rolled my eyes and checked to see there was no one in our corridor before I spoke “Josiah? Chill.” He stopped and his eyes looked to mine. “Sorry.” I then mentioned “Can we go find things now?” He shook his head “I think maybe it would be a good idea to head back and chill in your room for a while?” I frowned getting a little angry myself now. “Why? Because some guy accidently fell into me?” He frowned “He could have easily been a vampire Jade, your too trusting, forgiving him and talking to him like that?” I frowned “He bumped into me and you go all fangs and muscle on him!” He sighed “I was doing my job.” I shook my head “We have been here not even a day and you’ve used your job title as an excuse so many times now. Your JOB is to blend in, to pretend to be my friend, a college student and keep an eye out whilst you’re doing it, you NEED to learn to relax?” he looked down at me, blatantly not taking what I said into consideration. I threw my arms up exaggerating my movements in a huff. “Fine? I’ll go to my room, have no life. It’s fine I’ve gotten used to it, as my whole life has involved being locked in a freaking room and wrapped in bubble wrap!” I walked to my door and unlocked it going inside. I started to shut the door but Josiah’s foot got in the way. I nearly screamed “WHAT NOW!” he had no expression on his face. “Lock the door. Ring me before you leave this room. Do not let anyone in.” With that he removed his foot and turned his back. I assumed he was waiting for me to shut and lock the door. I slammed it and then locked it and shouted “NOW YOU CAN LEAVE. ASSHOLE.” I fell back onto the sofa and breathed out deeply. Twiddling my fingers together, I turned on the TV and decided on watching The Notebook.

                A few hours later, I heard my phone ringing. I picked it up with a annoyed tone in my voice, I was still mad at Josiah. “What?” I then heard a bubbly voice that I knew belonged to Grace. “Wow, someone seems cheery?” I smiled slightly “Sorry, I thought you were someone else?” I heard her laugh “So you in the mood to be cheered up, to party on dowwwwwwwwwwn!” I frowned “Party on down? Really?” She laughed “Yeah I thought I’d try and get you excited, obviously didn’t do the trick. So the party will probably suck, we will probably leave in worse moods than when we entered it but do you wanna go anyway?” I bit my lip and started replying “I can’t Jos-” she interrupted “Whoa. Don’t tell me you’re the type of girl that will let a guy stop you from going to a party?” I sighed and decided, what the hell, I wasn’t that type of girl, she was right. I can handle myself. I don’t need Josiah 24/7. I smirked “Sure, which corridor you on? Mind if I come get ready with you?”