chapter five

The Next morning, i woke up and got ready for church. Christen was no where to be found. She had left. Once I was ready, my mother and i got on the car and she drove to church.

"You still need to do your service hours tobin" she said making a left turn into the church parking lot.

"I was planning to do them after 2 weeks. Mom remember, I have a soccer tournament these two weekends." I said

"Ohh right, about that tobin I don't think you'll be able to go." She said and turned off the car.

"What! Why not?" I said looking directly at her.

"Well I have another conference meeting out of town " She said looking at me.

"But mom, it's an important tournament. I have to go, please"

"Tobin, i can't leave you. You're coming with me, We'll talk about this at home."She said.

We both got off the car and started walking towards the church. I saw Alex on the phone, away from her family. Alex didn't look like she was having a good conversation. I didn't wanna be a creep and just stare at her so I slowly walked to greet her family.

"Tobin, how are you?" Palm said.

"Good morning Ms. Morgan, I'm doing good how about you?" I respectfully answered.

"Good thank you." She smiled. "Alex, come on." She said looking towards where Alex was. Soon Alex came over to me.

"Hey Tobs, Christen just called and said JJ is at the hospital-"alex said

"Christen called you?" I asked confused.

"She said you weren't picking up your phone and so she called me to let you know that she's okay, and that-"

"But christen, Is she okay?" I said cutting her off.

                          *******
"Why were you so worried about christen?" Karla asked

"That night, I let her stay at my place. When I woke up she was gone, I called her phone but she didn't pick up. She was no where to be found in my house. Whether I had feelings for her or not, I was worried." I said.

                          *******

"Yeah she's okay, but the thing is, Christen said-" alex said but I cut her off again.

"Alex what is it?" I said worried

"Tobin let me speak" alex said

"Oh right, sorry"

Alex giggled a little and then finished telling me. "Christen said JJ's pregnant."

"What?" I asked confused.

"Yeah I guess her and Zach did it and she got pregnant. She's 4 weeks. Tobin, jj cheated on christen" alex said shocked. 

"Ohh no no no, I need to talk to Christen." I said taking out my phone.

"Why christen? Shouldn't we be talking to jj to see if she's okay and all?" Alex said.

"What you two need to do is, get inside the church, it's about to start and you know how pastor Albert gets." Mikey our church friend said.

"He's right lets go." I said and walked to where my family was. While Alex went with hers. I should have been paying attention but I couldn't seem to get Alex off my mind. I got on my knees and closed my eyes.

"Lord, I want to thank you for giving my mother a good job and good health. I know it got hard when my father walked out on us but thank you for giving us a new path in life and the force to keep living. I respect you and I know this is a son but there is something that won't leave me alone, I'm so sorry because I know I shouldn't be crushing on her because it goes against everything. But if you really love everyone like everyone says you do then shouldn't you love me whether I love a girl or a boy? I'm sorry if I have disowned you, I never meant for that to happen but lord, I love this girl." I said.