He nodded sheepishly.

"That's why ya father wah suh good, he was always a few steps ahead... Did he pass dat to yuh?" I stopped pacing the floor to look at him.

Chris laughed at the sad confused expression on his face.

I knew since he wasn't sure what I wanted to hear he wouldn't answer in fear of provoking me. Some said I had a bad temper. I didn't see it.

"Now I had lots of love for ya father... That Russian bastard was ruthless. That's why it pains me to do this..."

Two shots rang off, both landing in his abdomen as he dropped down to his knees in pain. His hands touching the searing flesh in shock as blood seeped through his clothes.

"B-but I d-did everything you asked me to do! You c-crazy bitch!" he cried out.

"Watch ya mouf. Yuh were dead the moment ya marched into mi fuckin' house! Yuh thought I just let ya go away afta all did shit so yuh can seek some bullshit ass revenge on mi family?! I don' tink so. That's not how dis shit works, Jon," I bent down to his level.

He pulled his head back as much as he could and spat in my face. Chris jumped at that but I waved him off, wiping my face with my sleeve.

"An' I wah gon' be nice an' shoot ya in da head to end it quickly for ya," I shook my head with a chuckle.

"Let 'im bleed out," I instructed.

We watched in amusement as he writhed about on the floor for minutes yelling curses and praying to god to save him.

×××××××

"Bye, babes!" I waved as Bey and Jay watched me to make sure Remi and I made it in the house safely before pulling off

I balanced him on my hip as Franklin fetched our bags while greeting us.

"Has Robyn made it back?"

"No ma'am, Ms. Fenty hasn't returned since earlier but she did leave a message for you on the kitchen counter. Do you want me to take Master Remi to his room?"

"Um, no...put him in the master suite. It doesn't look like my girlfriend will be returning any time soon."

He simply nodded and carefully grabbed the sleeping toddler, heading up the spiral staircase.

I ventured into the kitchen wondering what she couldn't have just texted me. There was only one thing on the counter. Stacks of money and a note.