Chapter 18

Kara's apartment wasn't far from the local cinema that they were going to, so the pair of them walked there instead of driving or flying.

Kara and Winn were walking while talking about things.

Winn: "So have you been working on any new stories?" He asked making small talk.

This reminded her of why she was at the DEO in the first place. She was supposed to interview Riley, about her superhero persona. But she got side tracked and now she's on a date with Winn.

Kara: "That was why I was at the DEO, I was supposed to interview Riley"

Winn gave a small giggle before answering.

Winn: "Well... if you wanted to talk to Riley, you will have to get through Alex first!"

Kara started to laugh "Yeah... that is true, guess I didn't really stand a chance"

Winn and Kara continued to make small talk before they arrived at the movie theatre. They paid for the tickets... well Winn did being the gentleman that he is. And then sat themselves down in the seats and waited for the movie to come on.

Winn had bought a large bag of popcorn for them both to share, but forgot that Kara would eat the whole thing herself anyways. But hey... its the thought that counts.

While sitting and waiting for the movie to start, Kara pointed out an interesting fact to Winn.

Kara: "You wanna know something funny?" she asked. He replied with a "Go on then".

Kara: "The first time you asked me out, you asked me if I wanted to go see a movie!" She explained making them both blush.

Kara: "And now look where we are for our first date!" Explaining while smiling happily, and hinting to where they are in that moment.

Winn started to smile a lot, and then started to blush.

Winn: "I can't believe that you actually remember the first time that I asked you out"

Leaning into kiss him, Kara paused an inch away from his face to say. "How could I forget". She said and then locked with each other.

You could count their kiss as a make out, but they were both interrupted by the classical sound of the Harry Potter theme tune echoing throughout the theatre.

Although Kara was happy that she got to watch the movie, she was still a little annoyed that it ruined her moment with Winn. But she knew that she could have plenty of fun with him after the movie finished.

Kara was really excited to watch the movie, she had been a long time fan of Harry Potter. This was because Harry Potter was the first movie that she watched when she had crashed on earth. So the franchise was very special to her in that way.

The way she also got to share that experience with Winn was also very special to her. Because whether he knew it or not, he was the most important thing to her.

When they were half way through the movie, Winn decided to try his luck and put his arm around Kara.

He wasn't to worried about being neglected, so he was confident in putting his arm around her. But a year ago, he wouldn't even know if he would have the confidence to attempt it.

But as he suspected Kara willingly let him place his arm around her. In fact she actually cozied into him, and pulled his arm tighter around her.

Winn left a light kiss on the top of her head, and they continued to enjoy the movie.

 After the movie

Kara and Winn had really enjoyed the movie, and were now on their way back to Kara's apartment.

While walking with each other, and enjoying each others company in silence, Winn suggested an idea.

Winn: "So... Wanna go through a walk in the park?" He asked.

Kara moved against Winn's shoulder, and tightened her grip around his hand. Then moved her head toward his and whispered a flirtatious "Yes" in his ear.

Winn turned his head slowly towards Kara's, and planted a kiss on her lips.

Winn felt like he was so in love, that he didn't even know how to function. And he had something planned that would change his life forever.