Chapter 15

Kara had been assigned to find out whatever she can about The Bolt. They had already made the title public, and under CatCo's name, so she guess' she's on Cat's adoption list now too.

While Kara was sitting at her desk writing up an article about The Bolt, her phone started to vibrate.

It was Winn trying to call her, she answered the phone putting everything else aside.

Kara: "Hey Winn, what's up" she asked answering the call.

Winn: "Hey Beautiful, I was just checking in on you to see if you were okay, you sounded like you had a lot on your plate this morning"

Kara blushed at the way he called her beautiful.

Kara: "Aw... yes I'm fine Winn, And I guess you got to name the new superhero in town too"

Winn: "Ow yeah, its all over channel 52... Well I have to say I'm quite proud of myself... Even though it seems someone else got the credit for it"

Kara started to blush and giggle at the same time.

Kara: "Well you did tell me that I could be the one to name her"

Winn started to giggle back.

Winn: "I was just joking, I don't mind you getting the credit... If it would be anyone I would want it to be you"

Kara: "Aw thanks Winn..."

She was cut off by Alex talking to Winn on the other side of the line.

Winn: "Sorry Kara, Alex was trying to call you to tell you that the Metahuman that attacked Riley has been spotted" 

Jumping up out of her chair Kara asked where she had been spotted.

Winn: "She has been spotted at the apartment block just a mile away from CatCo"

Kara: "I'm on it... Love you"

Winn: "I love you too... and be careful"

Kara: "I will" She said while hanging up, and getting changed into her suit.

Back at the DEO

Winn was sitting at his computer trying to hack into the apartments security cameras, before Supergirl arrived there.

Alex: "Is she on her way?" She asked Winn

Winn: "Yeah, I just got off the phone with her, she is heading there now"

Alex: "Good"

Winn: "Wait, do you not think it would be a good idea for Riley to go too, Kara could probably use all the help she can get... Plus superhero team ups are awesome"

Alex: "She got badly injured from this Meta last time, I'm not sure if its the best idea for her to go back out so soon"

Winn: "But that's sort of the point though... Kara could easily get hurt too, and there will be nobody there to help her if things go wrong"

Alex: "Yeah I know, but there's also the problem that I don't know where she is, and nobody in the DEO has a way of contacting her"

Winn realised Alex was right, nobody asked for a phone number, and the only way they could contact her was through her comm's, but they didn't know if she was wearing the suit or not.

But then Kara started to talk through her comm's and interrupted the conversation.

Kara: "Hey Winn... What am I looking for?"

Winn: "You should be looking for a woman around 5'6 wearing skinny jeans and a white shirt with a leather jacket"

Kara started to look around the apartment complex, but was having no luck.

Kara: "Winn, have you seen anything on the security cameras, I'm not seeing anything down here?"

Winn: "No I can't find anything... wait have you tried using your x-ray vision"

Kara: "No I haven't, good idea Winn"

Kara hovered outside the apartment complex, as she used her x-ray vision to look through the walls for anyone who matched the description.

After an exhausting 5 minutes of looking at every room in the complex, Kara finally came across someone who seemed to match the description that Winn had given her.

Kara: "Winn, I found someone who looks like you described, do you have a plan... and don't give me a Star Wars reference" she joked.

Winn laughed on the other side of the comm's. "Well... You could just try knocking" He suggested.

Kara: "Winn... when has knocking ever worked... the only knocking that works for me is knocking unconscious"

Giggling Winn answered "Yeah... True"

Winn: "Well, you should try to talk to her first, It's worth a try"

Kara: "Okay, I'm on it"

Kara flew through the window, and came face to face with a woman that looked as if in her mid-twenties.

The woman immediately jumped out of the seat she was sitting in, and stared straight at Kara.

Woman: "Why are you in my apartment?" She said with a demanding tone.

Kara: "Were you that Metahuman who started that fire yesterday, and threw The Bolt out of that window" She shouted with a deep tone.

Woman: "I might have been, gotta let off some steam now an then" She said darkly.

Kara: "Well your letting off steam nearly killed a lot of people" Kara grew angry.

The woman shrugged and turned her head and hands into flames.

Kara jumped back at the sudden change, but got into a battle stance so she was prepared for what the woman was going to throw at her.

just as Kara was ready to fight, the woman ran towards her as if she was charging at her, and tackled  Kara through the window. Kara thought that it wouldn't hurt when they would hit the ground, but Kara got hit by shock as she felt a powerful thud on her back as they fell to the ground outside.

This prevented Kara from getting up straight away, and made the woman walk around her laughing at how weak she was.

Woman: "So I guess that must be the weakness for all you superhero's, throwing you out of windows seems to work quite well"

Kara annoyed, stud up from the ground.

Kara: "Yeah but we always get back up"

Smiling the woman responded with "Well your little speedster in training didn't seem to get up last time"

The woman suddenly fell to the ground, from what appeared to have been struck on the back of the head by something.

Riley: "Actually, I will have you know that I did get back up" She said hovering over her body.

Riley started shaking her hand, and said "Ouch, that really hurt my fist"

Kara had a beaming smile on her face. She was happy Riley came to help, and got her payback on her.

Kara: "You have really good timing, Bolt"

Riley: "Yeah... don't get used to it, it's probably a one off" She joked.