CH.1 Been there, done that

Start bij het begin

I almost chuckled out loud when I heard my own mind saying “hell”, as it reminded me of Travis, the Mighty Sasha’s man now living in London. I liked him very much and he had guts and balls made of steel, no kidding, and he was very straightforward and had no qualms in telling you what he had on his mind. I should admit that that attitude of his helped me a lot with my friend.

Sasha and I weren’t doing great at all, while it was getting better and better with my twin brother and even with his chipmunk, no problems with Derek, but well, still hard with River. But Sasha was another story. I knew he hated bullies and people like I used to be with burning passion and it had to do with something that happened to his man, but the particulars were unknown to me and sure I didn’t wish to go and ask him. When I talked to Travis this summer, the day he made me a surprise and told me to get my head straight and trust Sasha with whatever secret I had hidden inside, I tried to ask him, but he dismissed me with a “hell, I’m not here to talk about me, even though I know I’m fantastic” and shit, that sure signed my definitive liking him. He wasn’t arrogant, maybe a bit cocky, but he had all the rights to be so and he sure was one of the hottest guys I have ever seen. No wonder the Mighty Sasha turned out gay for him and was rather obsessed with him.

Damn, Dima was affecting me. I rambled no stop about useless details and almost forgetting what I was talking about; I’ll punch him once back home and tell him to keep his “dofusness” only for himself. Did “dofusness” even exist? I doubt so, but I’d bet my balls Holden would love that word.

So, what I wanted to say was that Travis came over our house and said he sensed something big happened to me and that talking to Sasha would be a great way to open him up and ease the path if I wanted to have my old friend back. And he was right. Travis was damn right, because I knew how Sasha’s mind and heart worked and once he lost the trust and respect on you, it would be almost impossible to regain them back, but … I was trying to change, right? And I finally found the guts to openly admit how much I had missed them all. So around the end of summer I went to talk to my old friend and it shocked me big hell time to realize he had missed me too; he clearly didn’t admit it or so, but it was there, in the way he welcomed me to his room and let me talk, asking me how my arm was, how things were going with Dima and more. As Holden would say, Sasha wasn’t a phony person.

I sure didn’t tell him what caused all of this yet, since I wasn’t ready, but he understood and said he was glad my senses were finally back.

Now we were on talking civil terms, but don’t get the hope one day we would hug and kiss each other, because none of us was that kind of man. I might be gay, but that didn’t mean I would behave like a chick or a freak. I wasn’t exactly a touchy-feely person, unlike my brother, and sarcasm was apparently what most occupied my tongue and mouth. Thinking about it, something else should occupy it, but I wasn’t exactly were obliging in bed, quite the contrary, so I’d rather have my buddy keeping someone else’s mouth occupied and when was last time? My back rested on the chair and my mind tried to think about the last time and right: too damn long, no wonder I was edgy.

Well, it wasn’t completely right nobody fucking stuck for me, but the price of it came with an annoying hyperactive and emo-looking girl that would threaten my ears to bleed and my drums to crush every time she jumped on my back shrieking my name almost choking me with her skinny arms. Girls could be damn scaring sometimes and they sure were damn loud and annoying.

Finally the bell rang and I stood up at once as if something bit my ass, then I left the class without even sparing a greet to that asshole that was called teacher and simply walked to my locket, since I had forgotten a book and anyway I knew Viola wanted to meet there before going to one of the classes we had together. I told you: weird chick. While marching to the place my eyes caught sight of a small boy being bullied, it was your typical quiet and thin teenager that had the bad luck to attract jocks’ and pieces of crap’s like my past me attention, and his only fault were his simple and outdated clothes and his ordinary and boring hair cut, given it was a school for rich and wealthy assholes. I decided to ignore it, since it sure wasn’t my business, but then I stopped, something in the back of my neck yelling at me all sort of curses.