~Chapter Seventeen~

Chapter 17.

Hunter:

I was up all night. My wolf officially hated me. Of course he would, I was killing his mate. Yes, I said his, she wasn’t my mate anymore. I heard her sobs all through the night, but still I fought the urge to go to her.

The sun slowly rose above the hills, and trees, but it felt like forever till it was an acceptable hour to get out of my king size bed and get the pack training, and my hunters out to hunt. Then I would have to drag Kali out of her room, so I can kill her.  I felt my heart twinge in pain at the thought but I ignored it and pulled myself into my shower.

Kali:

My eyes were red and puffy, my face red and blotchy from the night I spent crying. Crying for the loss of the love Hunter once had for me, everything except the fact I was going to die tonight.  I accepted my death, if Hunter wanted me dead, I was ok with that. He deserved a better life anyway; he didn’t need someone like me in the way. He was too good for me.

I put myself into the shower, trying to improve my pale face. As I washed my body and hair I let my thoughts wonder. They wondered back to the dance, the night Hunter kissed me. How I felt my emotions flare inside me, I didn’t want to kiss him, because of those feelings. I wasn’t used to them. They were too human.

Now, I wished I never pulled away. But I can’t take back the past and there’s no way I can fix this now.

After my shower I changed into some shorts, a top and cardigan. I kept my feet bare, wasn’t like I was leaving my room anyway. Then I dropped onto my bed with a hopeless sigh and flipped through an old magazine, one I’d already read.

A few hours past and finally a little life came near my room. Two mixed scents.

Jake and Sam!

I flew off the bed, dropping my magazine to the floor and sprinted to my bars. My two best friends stood there, looking at me with so many emotions I couldn’t be bothered working them out. Pity, sadness were just some of them.

I wished the bars weren’t there now; I wanted so badly to throw myself into their arms and hug them so tightly they wouldn’t be able to breathe. Instead I reached through the bars and grabbed their hands and squeezed them tight.

“I missed you guys heaps” I whispered as I felt the tears in my throat.

“I missed you too” Jake said stepping closer to me. I wanted to hug them so bad.

“Same here” Sam said also taking a step closer to me.

“I wish Hunter felt the same” I murmured, almost to myself.