Chapter 3: Little Vitani

^Art is not mine^

Zira sat in the middle of her den, which was nothing more than a very large tree trunk. She lived in the Outlands, a place that was found just outside the border of the Pridelands. Simba had banished Zira and other lionesses loyal to her to the Outlands for still taking Scar's side.

Zira was Scar's mate, and she loved him dearly, although she was more of a fangirl than a mate. She looked up to him, but since his death, she sworn her revenge on Simba.

She was scrawny, as there was hardly any food in the Outlands. The most was insects and rats. She stared hopelessly at a small cub, who lay asleep feet away from her.

Zira's tawny coat twitched from the flies that kept landing on her. Her heart burned the longer she stared at the cub. It was her week-old daughter, Vitani.

Zira got pregnant with Vitani sometime during Scar's reign. Scar was not the father. She had mated with a rogue after Scar attempted to make Nala his queen. Zira despised Vitani, as she was hoping for a male. But instead she got a female.

Enraged by the sight of Vitani, Zira snarled and clawed at the wall of the trunk, easily putting a hole in the rotting wood. She stood up and began pacing, wondering if she should kill Vitani. Although she considered it, keeping her around might end up being a good thing.

She sat back down with an evil smirk as one of her pride members entered the den. The lioness was skinny as well, and her brown eyes looked at Zira with concern.

" Zira? Is everything alright?"

Zira always got physical when she was angry. Most of the time the lioness would've thought 'That's just how Zira is' but since she had a newborn in the den, she felt that asking was necessary.

The lioness kept her head low. Zira's back was facing her. Zira turned her head. Her eyes glowed red in the shadow that covered her profile.

" Leave me alone," Zira hissed.

The lioness didn't move. Vitani started crying, and the lioness looked between Zira and the cub, finding Zira ignoring Vitani completely.

" Aren't you going to help her?" The lioness asked politely.

Zira turned her upper body towards the lioness with a growl.

" I said leave me alone!!"

The lioness shook her head," Not until you go help your daughter. She needs you, Zira."

Zira charged at her, anger boiling in her dark soul. The lioness ducked, fear grabbing her heart. Zira stopped in her bolt centimeters away from the female. She roared her anger into her ears, trying her best not to be physical.

The lioness left without another word. Zira watched her until she was out of sight. She then turned around and looked at the whimpering Vitani.

She growled through clenched teeth as she limply walked over to the cub, laying down beside her. Vitani immediately went for Zira's milk. Zira looked away and rested her head on her front paws, her heart burning in hatred for Vitani.